The loss of one of Lil Beginnings most loved horses.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz...

I am so very sorry for your loss of Gramma Pony. She had a wonderful life with you and she will be greatly missed by both her humans and her horse family. I am glad I got to "meet" her. (((((hugs))))) my friend...

~Linda

Dear Liz,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of gramma pony, but boy do I admire you for all that you gave to that old gal. You are one very special person and I know that gramma pony loved you as much as you did her. She is now at peace and bless your heart for doing the right thing for her. Hugs!

Not what I wanted to read at all.

Liz I can not thank you enough for sharing all of Gramma's stories. A many a day one of your stories made me smile. So she touched many across the miniature horse country.

I am so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my thoughts.

Thank you again for sharing her with all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry......never gets easy no matter what. Treasure her memories.
default_smile.png

Jan

I know your heart is broken right now, but soon I hope you'll be able to think of her and smile. (((((((((HUGS))))))))

I am so sorry for your loss, Liz..... She had a long and and wonderful life while she was with you... A lucky mare for sure! I enjoyed reading your stories about her and her "family".

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I'm so sorry Liz. I know how much Gramma Pony meant to you. But you both were blessed to have found each other in time to be able to share Gramma Pony's final years together.
default_wub.png
I know you will see her again.
default_wink.png

I am so sorry for your loss! I know exactly how you are feeling. I just had to euthenize my 15 year old German Shepherd Dog today. I am wrecked, I'm sure you are too.

Gramma and Ashley, we will see you again.
default_sad.png

A post cannot hold what my heart longs to say. But I think you know.

I too felt when she was released. She ran off kicking up her heels to look for her grandson and the others, but she will be back and WILL be there beside her daughter at foaling time. She'll always be there watching over the babies and you.

{{{{{Liz}}}}} I wish I was there to hug you in person.

I am so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
I am sure that having her daughter and grand-babies will be a comfort to you and bring good memories of a beloved friend. Hugs

Barb

Liz -

I wish my words and thoughts could heal your broken heart.
default_no.gif
You were there for me when I lost Misty, and also my beloved Cody. May these words from Garth Brooks help you over time. I have the words printed into a photo of Cody, that I keep next to me where I go.

You take care of yourself, my friend...

Liz R.

The Dance - Garth Brooks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uaLr6wamE

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I a king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have chanced it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

gmanap.jpg

I like this picture taken almost exactly ten years ago.

The vet said he could not believe a horse with that devastating of a lab result was standing. He'd never seen it, before, let alone walking the 100 yards or so from the pasture to the stream to drink (her choice, she had water at the barn).

She had not laid down in days, but didn't even go when he gave her a sedative...she gave three long "whuffs" then fell, already gone...

I miss her lots, but this needed to happen. She was pretty sick by this morning.

default_sad.png

Thank you, everyone...

Liz

My condolences go out to you. That picture brought tears to my eyes, but I'm glad she is at peace again.

Liz,

I am so sorry to hear of Gramma Pony's passing.....she was a grand old gal, please know you are all in my thoughts.
default_wub.png

Prayers to help you get through this terrible time. Here is a little prayer for dear Grandma Pony.

Dear Lord you saw fit to bring this little horse into the life of Liz for her to take care of her and give her a wonderful life. Thank you Lord for bringing this little soul to touch the lives of so many.

We already knew that Jack had his Gramma's resilience, having recovered from a bad situation with his good nature (and sense of humour!) intact. In his new home, he has appointed himself guardian over his little herd of mares and younger geldings, going so far as to chase a coyote out of their field, a trait I'm sure he inherited from Gramma Pony as well!

There is no doubt that Gramma Pony's legacy will live on for a very, very long time.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back