The loss of one of Lil Beginnings most loved horses.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_crybaby.gif
What a beautiful moving goodbye. ((((HUGS)))) to you.

Have not had time to sign in for the last few days, but am SO SORRY to see the loss of Grandma Pony!! How sad!!! At least her retirement was full of wonderful and caring people and gave her the best of everything! So sorry to hear this, and hugs to you, but she probably never would have made it this far without you and she will never forget it!!! She is flying through the green pastures now, around and under the shade trees, her mane and tail in the wind......

Liz,

I'm so sorry that Grandma Pony is no longer with you in body, but in spirit she will always be there as the matriarch of Raftered Hearts.

What a legacy!

At the same time that I mourn her passing, I'm so happy for the wonderful life she had with you, with her herd, and with her little grandbabies. Her earlier years may not have been great, but she hit the jackpot when she came to live with you!

She loved nothing better than to watch over her grandchildren, and now she can watch Kyan, keeping him out of trouble and standing over him as he sleeps. As she takes care of him,, she no doubt feels your hand on her neck as a final comfort to her.

You were such a good girl, Grandma Pony.

Liz, that was a wonderful picture tribute to Gramma Pony! I'm sure she and Kyan are playing over the rainbow bridge right now! I know her passing has left a big hole in your heart and your pasture.....she was a great little horse!

I was so sad to read that she died. I have said it before and I will say it again. Thank goodness there are good people like you to give these guys a good home and a good life. Pictures are the best. We should all take many. Very sorry for your loss...

Her life is a testimony to you, she will live forever in her children, and as you so rightly knew, it was time.This we can do for our loved ones, it is both our right and our burden, the price we pay.
Well spoken words and so true. Liz, I loved your eulogy for this grand lady. The other side is richer for her presence and she'll have so many now to watch over whilst she herself is watched, I gotta say one thing that struck me as I looked deeply into each picture. This was a family. In the equine world, how rare is that to have generations with a matriarch...such a lucky pony, you were blessed...so was she

When seeing her in her "jammies" pic tho..I couldn't help but notice the huge heart on her side..that told me her heart was bigger than one could ever know so one was put on the outside as well. What a great sign when she gets over the way...all the wee ones will see it..."love is available here". I can almost see her with her enterage, Kyan by her side, her protector now.

You gave her the gift of life, even with her end, she lives still..energy such as this never ends, it just moves on. Love and hugs.

Awww what neat pics of her. I love the "Flash sandwich one!" She probably never knew she didn't have two mommies! What a neat girl. You took great care of her Liz.

The memorial collage I did as my offering of condolences.. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you.. ((((HUGS))))

1grammapony.gif

I hope as the days pass all that remains is happy memories, such as those the

photos bring. Those are truly a celebration of her life with you.

What a incredible testament of what loving care and good grub can bring to

a horses near deaths door at arrival.

She was one lucky girl when she drew you in the Mommy pool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, Liz, I'm so very sorry! Holding you in hugs and prayers. I'm so deepy sorry for your loss.

Warmest always,

Tanya

Cristina that is lovely!!!! That is so nice you made that for Liz. She misses Gramma so much, this is something awesome to keep.

She was very blessed to have someone who loved her enough to give her a chance to live and loved her enough to let her go. May all of her memories bring a light to your heart.

Karen

Thank you again, everyone.

It means a lot to know that her loss was "noticed" because she had almost fallen off the grid when I got her, and I think her chance to be first and favorite, to be left to enjoy her world, her life and take care of babies, eat to her hearts' content (she almost never had NO food in front of her) and not have to wear a halter (she hated wearing them, and probably only ever wore them for the farrier and vet (but not that last time)).

She just knew where she was supposed to go.

Thank you, Cristina, for the beautiful pictorial, I have it saved on my computer and will put it on my site when I can stand it....

Liz

Latest posts

Back