The explanation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have gotten several emails, so I wanted to explain things. The business that my husband and I work for has announced that, should things not go our way in an upcoming court case, will go out of business. That is why I chose to sell Shake and Eli. That was not an easy decision to make in any sense of the word. Both of the horses have now gotten good homes where they will be enjoyed and shown to their potential. I just couldn't face the unknown and keep them with an uncertain future.

Should things go our way in November, following the court case, we will buy another horse (or two). But until then, I just couldn't make the horses hang on the unknown. We have had horses for 25 years and in that time we have found several "once in a lifetime" horses. There will be others. Don't get me wrong. I loved both of my boys, but I had to make the right decisions for my family right now.

I hope you all will still be my friends and I really enjoy our conversations here on the forums. I really feel badly that it had to go this way, but I did have to decide my priorities and those begin here at home with my husband. I have every intention of being here on the forums and reading about everyone's successes with thier horses. The day will come again when it's my turn. Until then, count me amongst your cheering section. I can't tell you how much the friendships that I've made here on the forums have meant to me.

Best wishes to you, my friends.

Mimi

Last edited by a moderator:
Mimi I am so sorry you have to go through this. I know how much you adored them. I am sending prayers that you guys have a good outcome.

I hadn't heard anything about you or the horses previously, but I want to say that I am totally supportive of your decision to sell your horses. Things must be terribly stressful right now for you and to know that your boys are safe from the unknowns in your future must give you at least some peace of mind. Best of luck with the court case, and thanks for staying around!
default_yes.gif

Well, I am just catching up after my husband's holiday and limited computer time. I just want to say how sorry I am you felt you needed to make the decision to sell. I agree with Magic tho, you put your horses well being above your own wants and they are safe while you weather the storm life is throwing at you at the moment. I do hope it passes quickly and you will be shopping again very soon.

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision, but by thinking ahead rather than waiting until the last moment, you assured your horses great homes.

I wish you and your husband the best of luck. I had no idea you had to sell Shake and Eli, but it sounds like you made a hard, but right decision.

Mimi, my worst fear with this was that you wouldn't want to stay around and talk horses with your own gone so I'm inexpressibly relieved that you're staying! I will miss hearing about Shake's progress and comparing "How are they coming" stories about him and Turbo but agree that you did the most loving thing for your animals.

Hugs.

Leia

It wasn't long after I got Shake that the business we have both work for started having trouble. I have worked there for 17 years and my husband for 15 years. We finally decided to get horses again after a hiatus--and then our market goes in the toilet. It's been a rough stretch.

However, I have really enjoyed meeting the people that I've met with the minis/pomies and I am thankful for all that I learned about the small equine through this experience. You guys are all great. I've been especially thankful to have come into contact with the quality of horse that I have been exposed to, the horses from the Taylor's as well as the two I've bought from you, Leeana.
default_smile.png

And Leia...I am always hanging around. I have really enjoyed hearing about your AMAZING progress with your team-in-training. I am so proud of you every time I read a post. I will be following them closely and I am always here for you as a sounding board...and when you do decide that it's Turbo's turn to go to Tulsa, I will be there with bells on. I'll even groom for you--sans "dead cat toy hanging off of the back of him"---ROFL!
default_poke.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_poke.gif

HUGS to all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back