The Duck is coming home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Dorothy has done a wonderful job training my Duck. But as she said in a previous post now it is just miles under the hoof. We are at this moment planning the trip to pick her up. Right now it looks like she will be coming home on the 22nd. Then we will clear our schedules and drive her and drive her and drive her. First she will be up at the same barn as Linda L's horses and Erins horses so we can use the indoor arena. Then when we are used to each other she will come home for real. Then I will have my daughter start by taking her for walks out and about town. Getting her use to all the sights, sounds and smells of the real world. After that we will begin driving her closer and closer to those same things.

This has been a wonderful venture for her. Just the being away from home for this time without her friends and her mommy and daddy has been good for her I think. She has had to learn to make new friends and get along in a new herd situation. She has also had to learn to trust other people besides us. I will keep you updated on our progress once she gets home.

I miss my little Duckie.

How exciting! You will have a lot of fun this summer.

Latest posts

Back