The Drama Queen finally foals...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!!! Handsome little guy but I think momma is gorgeous!!!!

Oh no,, maybe the baby is the drama queen!! He caused all the trouble and is standing there looking beautiful! Congrats on saving a beautiful boy!

I'm sure the whole upside down thing is just a part of her "process." Since you are not a mare yourself, you couldn't possibly understand "the process." Maybe she's a mare that enjoys some assistance and has learned how to get it.
default_laugh.png
In any case, the colt is stunning! Congratulations!

I had to say, wonderful story. Beautiful mare, really lovely and the colt is quite spectacular...anyone else see the state of Texas on his beautiful..err handsome, face? He'll be trooper...out of a drama queen. Congratulations of a job well done.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is quite stunning with that unique" Texan Star " and one black sock!!!! LOVE HIM!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Wow, that little one is definately worth all the effort you had to go through...Congratulations on your gorgeous baby...despite her drama that mama is a keeper.
default_wub.png

I can't see the photos here at work but that STORY was priceless!! Definitely one for the foaling files.
default_laugh.png

Good job on the difficult birth and the well-written narrative!
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

default_wub.png
I LOVE a good story with happy endings. He is a looker too! Maybe his name should be MAMA's STORYTELLER
default_thumbup.gif

He's GORGEOUS!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

I think he's one of my favorite forum babies so far!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What a story, kind of funny in the telling but probably not for you at the time. Congratualtions, he is a gorgeous boy! Can't wait to hear what you name him.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah You need to name him "Topsy Turvey" from your account.
default_wink.png

Great story............and a happy HANDSOME ending.
default_smile.png
Your Drama Queen sure is pretty!

Thanks for all the comments about this feisty little guy.... I do not own him - I merely work for him... as Candy points out so haughtily! But he is the crown prince of Star Valley Farm - and knows it!

Do NOT give Candy any more ideas - like letting No Name nurse when she is upside down!
default_laugh.png

Both are well this morning and the little guy is unfolding and coming up (maybe that should be UPfolding) on his feet more every hour.

And now Stacy has outted him! He will start expecting papparazzi to be waiting outside his stall door now!
default_new_shocked.gif

I have not had a hip lock in a foaling for a few years - Candy just made it a bit more exciting - which I did not need! But the fact that she stayed standing up actually made it easier to guide him back inside and gently do the turn. Phew!!

Last night I kept an eye on them with the monitor to make sure that they were doing well, that he was nursing regularly etc. At one point he was boinking around the stall, turned and ran straight at Candy who was laying down - and he scrambled right over her! He thinks he is a show jumper!

And TONIGHT... I shall be able to sleep.
goodsigh.gif

Latest posts

Back