terrorism - how has it affected you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby dazzler

Reaction score
Hi. The earlier thread re sep 11 got me thinking about pre sep 11 and how we just took everything for granted - i.e, that you could get on a plane and the only thing you needed to worry about was that the plane had had it's routine safety inspection done. Jeepers, life was easy then, wasn't it? Prior to Sep 11, Aust was not a target for terrorism, but apparently because we went to "war", with G W Bush, we are a high target now. So far we have been lucky - although we lost 100's of our citizens in Bali, in two bombings over the past couple of years. I think we lost 7 australians in sep 11. We have had plots stopped b4 they happened - the latest was an australian planning to blow up the electricity grids etc - he got 20 years. Thank gawd.

What I am trying to say is that I am not against the nationality of the person, i.e, the terrorist. I am against their value system and really peeved that somebody could resettle in a country as great as Australia - i.,e 100 times better than their own country - and then want to bomb it and it's citizens. It is just totally crazy. If you hate the ways of your new country so much, just begger off and go home. Sorry for venting.

The worst thing about 9-11 is how George Bush responded by going to war with Iraq.
default_sad.png
Makes me very sad to see so many people dying because of it. It also causes me frustration because Bush claims we are now safer for having gone to war but I just don't feel it. :no: There is such a need to keep people out of this country who have harm in mind, for us and yet it appears, nothing is really being done to keep them out. I do wonder just how long it is going to take for people to stand up against all the mistakes that have been made! JMHO Mary

I think the biggest way terrorism has affected me is that it has made me realize that things like murder and destruction and war are real. That terrible things can, and possibly will, happen to me.

What I am trying to say is that I am not against the nationality of the person, i.e, the terrorist. I am against their value system and really peeved that somebody could resettle in a country as great as Australia - i.,e 100 times better than their own country - and then want to bomb it and it's citizens. It is just totally crazy. If you hate the ways of your new country so much, just begger off and go home. Sorry for venting.
But the reason they "resettled" in Australia or the US or where ever was to attack it. I have no idea how someone could do that either but these people aren't totally with it.

Also, I don't think we should say our countries are any better then theirs. Yeah, their government and some of the people's ways of thinking aren't so good but the people and the culture are incredible and I think we need to sort of back of and look at what we are doing and how we are affecting the people.

I don't think we should be at war but what are we supposed to do? Just let these terrorists just do whatever they want? This stuff is real, yeah half their point is just to scare people but you can be scared and be rational at the same time. We can be smarter then them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no I disagree- the people bombing and blowing up bits of my country LIVE here and were BORN here!!!

They are religious fanatics who want to turn the country into a Muslim State and believe it would be better off as such.

Make no doubt about it these people wish to take over the world.

As far as I know none of the people involved in the bombing came from Iraq??

So I am not quite sure about why we are at war with them- I think it has more to do with oil than anything else.

Me, I would pack them ALL up and send them back to the country of origin, even the ones born here and living peacefully.

If they could then PROVE that was the case, I would, maybe, let them back in.

So, I think it is obvious what 911 and 7-7 has done to me- it has made me into a religious bigot and caused someone who sat down for Civil Rights, marched for Equality and would have burned her bra had she had one for Women/Gay rights, into someone who is deeply prejudiced against a group of people based on their religious convictions.

Something I thought would never happen.

But it is time the moderates of this world stood up and tested the wind.

China pales into insignificance against the threat of the Muslim world.

China would only ever be supported by the Chinese who live in China, it is unlikely that any who have moved here- like my Fish and Chip shop owner, would ever be even mildly interested in what the Chinese back home are doing, let alone go out and bomb anyone.

BUT in every town in every country in the world you are likely to find at least one Muslim family.

And they WOULD rise up and they WOULD bomb friends, even family, because they are doing it in the name of God and because they would be told to do it by their religious leaders.

Killing someone who has a Fatwa on their head is not murder it is an act of faith.

They believe that!!

As far as I know almost ALL Americans have Fatwa's on their heads by default, therefore killing Americans and in some case British, citizens is not murder it is an act of faith for which you will be granted automatic entry into heaven.

If you want to protect yourself learn the Muslim prayer for the dead in Arabic so you can recognise it- if you ever hear it being said out loud run as fast as you can away from the sound and get behind something really solid as that person will be about to blow themselves up.

America thought it was impregnable and now it knows it is vulnerable.

It is a terrible, terrible lesson to learn, and a terrible way it was learned too, I would think it affected every single living American, and that is exactly what it was meant to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabbit; Thank you for bringing up 7/7. 9/11 had such a profound impact on us over here that I think we are sometimes numbed to the events in London, Madrid (that was 3/11?), Bali, now they've tried to attack the US Embassy in Syria (and failed). Sometimes I just have to turn off the TV and go out to the barn where there is real peace.

Indeed the whole non-Muslim world (as well as the less-fanatical Muslims, who it seems won't dare stand up to this movement), aware or not, are in danger from this fanatisism. These people make the Nazi's of WW2 look like amatures. I believe this IS WW3 and that it will last beyond my lifetime. Unfortunately I do not believe it can end until it is recognized and treated for what it is, a religeous war against all of civilization, and total victory is had by the free people of the world.

In answer to the orginal question, my day to day personal life hasn't been much affected (other than I'm mad and wish I could pass an Armed Services physical), but my job certainly has felt the effects.

Latest posts

Back