Hmm...well done Oz!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitsfizz

Reaction score
The following is a statement by the Australian Government:.

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after, a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should clear off. Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off, he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take it or leave it. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the politically correct crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come into our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. The idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories, by millions of men and women, who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation,and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like A fair go then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change and we really don't care how you did things where you come from. By all means keep your culture but do not force it on others.This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage

you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE! If you aren't happy here then LEAVE! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Pretty easy really, when you think about it. I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, let's all try, please.

i could not agree more :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation,and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage

you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE! If you aren't happy here then LEAVE! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Pretty easy really, when you think about it. I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, let's all try, please.

Hmmm just in time for the holiday season HA isnt that the season for love, peace and forgiveness sometimes it seems like that is the season to say WE ARE RIGHT if you are not like us YOU ARE WRONG and in fact not only wrong but the downfall of society and frankly you should leave

Just leaves me utterly confused and more sure then ever of my own beliefs and the values of my family

Happy Holidays to everyone
default_yes.gif
:

Very interesting. I think Americans, for the most part, are much more tolerant than people of some other countries. It may do us in though. Look how Bush is trying to force our standards onto the Iragi's. Can't we just let them believe what they choose also? Australia may be protecting their standards and values and if that is their choice, who are we to say they should do differently? Sometimes I wonder, in this day and age just what are Christian values. Bush claims to be a Christian and yet he does things that causes some of us to wonder where his values came from. I will not judge whether Australia is doing right or not, by my values...I do think they may be trying to protect a way of life that has value to it....while we may be loosing ours. Just my two cents because I do care about what is happening to our country. If we have anything to be thankful for on this day it is for our freedom. But I do question just how long we will have it the way things are going. Mary

Well, speaking as someone who lives right slap bang in the middle of an area where you will see more women (I presume they are women) wearing the full niqab than you are likely to see "ordinary" clothes I am SICK to the back teeth with it, I really am.

A girl was sacked by BEA (airlines) for refusing to remove a small ostentatious crucifix- the company have a policy of no religious paraphernalia- so presumably someone wearing a crescent would get the same treatment.

I wait with baited breath to find out what happens when they refuse to employ a woman wearing a headscarf merely because she is wearing a headscarf!!

At the moment a young woman is fighting dismissal from an infant school- she refused to remove her veil- full niqab- in the classroom because there were men around.

She did NOT wear the niqab to her interview.

Tell me honestly would you want your five year olds taught by someone whose face they cannot see??

The class was not Muslim, it was an ordinary school.

I have had it with Political Correctness, it is time we woke up to the fact that they intend to take over the world- it is their committed intention, ask anyone, to make the whole world Muslim and they will not be happy until it is so as they consider us inferior in every way.

Speak to the moderate spokes people and that is not the story you will get as this is why they allow the moderates to speak for them.

Speak to someone on a street near me and that is what you will hear.

I am appalled by it all, the rest of the world, it seems, will sit by and watch it happen because it is not PC to deny them the right to act exactly as they please.

default_wacko.png
:

Thank You Jane for passing that one on. If only our U.S. government had the gumption to stand up and say the same thing. Unfortunately there are to amny of the special interest groups that have the ear of the higher ups so if we ever see the day it will be after another day like 9/11. Scary thought that too.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

About time someone has the guts to say it. Way to go AUSTRALIA.... Now its your turn Bush....

I am appalled by it all, the rest of the world, it seems, will sit by and watch it happen because it is not PC to deny them the right to act exactly as they please.

default_wacko.png
:
UNBELIEVABLE! I just don't get it! What will it take for us to learn where to draw the line?
default_poke.gif
: :stupid: Yes, Jane, we are just sitting here watching it happen. Appalled? I don't think I can come up with the right word.

No second chances with this one......when it's too late.......it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on Rabbitsfizz,

I totally agree with you and I think more and more people in the uk are getting fed up to the back teeth as well.

It is hard to believe Howard ( whom we call Lil Bush ) & the Goverment have FINALLY taken a stand :aktion033: there has been a LOT of tension over here for LONG time and did not help matters when a Cleric told Australia that

" Non Musilum women are uncovered meat and the clothes they wear bring on rape themselves " :no:

this did him no favours and had a LOT of anger towards him he is currently out of Australia !!

I say good for them, and yes I wish more countries would stand up and say the same, including the one I live in. They tried to bring in Sharia law here, it was shot down, but no doubt will rear it's ugly head again in the future.

I have two sisters still in England, and I know that the whole situation is going beyond unbelieveable there. I read in the International Express a few years ago, that one town in Britain was actually trying to ban the display of Christmas lights on the outsides of homes, because it might be offensive to muslims. As my brother said at the time, it would make me want to run out and buy every set of lights I could find and light up the whole area!

I have had it with Political Correctness, it is time we woke up to the fact that they intend to take over the world- it is their committed intention, ask anyone, to make the whole world Muslim and they will not be happy until it is so as they consider us inferior in every way.
Absolutely true. My husband is currently reading a book on that very subject. Anyone who does not believe what they do is an infidel, and as far as the radical muslims are concerned, even other muslims who do not believe as they do are no better.

Birthrates in the western nations have been steadily dropping, and so what do we do? Bring in many immigrants, many of whom are muslim, and guess what, their birthrates are not dropping. The most popular boy's name for babies born in Britain lately is Mohammed. They will indeed take over the world. There are huge numbers of mosques springing up all over England and Canada, and no doubt the U.S. You can dismiss it as nonsense if you like but you have your head buried in the sand if you do.

Something like thirty years ago, author Hal Lindsay wrote that while everyone was worried about the Cold war, and communism, that they did not see what was truly happening. He said Islam was the greatest threat the world has ever known. He was laughed at, but man was he right! Just wait and see where our choices and freedoms are once they are in control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back