Jay Leno on President Bush

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...

What you are saying is that the other 69% do not appreciate our country?

I had to burst your collective bubble, but you do NOT have the monopoly on patriotism.

This is my country, too.

Susanne --

I figured you may not appreciate that some of the 31% who support the President decided to speak up... Did any of us say the 69% are unpatriotic??? I Didn't see anyone trying to monopolize patriotism, either
default_unsure.png

Jill

Interesting post, and a lot of things to think about.

I think many Americans don't realize, or maybe only realize subconsciously that we are very vulnerable as individuals, and this causes some unhapiness.

For example, personally:

I don't grow any of my own food. I don't think I have eaten any food from any of my neighbors either. I could hunt I suppose, but if everybody was hunting, it wouldn't take long for that resource to be exhausted. I am dependent on others for food.

I don't find oil and refine it so that I can get around. I am dependent on others for gasoline.

I don't produce the electricity needed to heat, cook or power this computer. I don't have the natural resources on my property needed to generate the electricity I need. Dependent on others....

If the phone company goes belly up or the telephone lines come down, I can't communicate. Dependent on others...

I don't make drugs that I might need to fight off an infection. I am not trained as a medical doctor.

My field of employment would probably dry up in a time of economic crisis. Dependency.

And I probably don't have enough money to buy all American made stuff either. Can you still buy an American made television? We are dependent on other countries, including China, folks... for all of our beloved cheap WalMart stuff.

Anyway, I could sit here all night and come up with examples. Our system is very fragile and vulnerable. I think deep down we know this, and it bothers us a lot more than we know. $4.00 gasoline is bothering us, for a real reason.

We may have originally declared our independence but the truth is that now we are very dependent. Should we just walk along and whistle and think happy thoughts and hope everything holds together?

So, now the next thought for consideration is, did the President and his administration help preserve our fragile system or is he a threat to it? I personally agree that I should be more thankful that our system has held together as well as it has, despite the government.

It is a tribute to "We The People".

Latest posts

Back