Jay Leno on President Bush

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Forget the politics and just think seriously about what Jay is presenting!!!

No matter what your political convictions are, this is eye opener.

What a thankless people we are!!!

Subject: Jay Leno on President Bush (Surprising)

Jay Leno wrote this; it's the Jay Leno we don't often see....

As most of you know I am not a President Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it seems to hit the mark.

'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some Poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are

unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking,

'What are we so unhappy about?''

A.. Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a

day, 7 days a week?

B.. Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in

the summer and heating in the winter?

C.. Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a

job?

D. Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any

time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen

in the last year?

E.. Maybe it is the ability to drive our cars and trucks from

the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to

present identification papers as we move through each state?

F.. Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can

provide temporary shelter?

G.. I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough either.

H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help us all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

I.. Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home.

J.. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case

of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in

moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the

flames, thus saving you, your family, and your belongings.

K.. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen

TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with

a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and

your family against attack or loss.

L.. This all in th e backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs

or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods

where 90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

M.. How about the complete religious, social and political

freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67% of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats

the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S.,

yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what

we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but

complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about the

country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me?

Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show?

Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you

couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good

things and be glad? Think about it......are you upset at the

President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it

because the 'Media' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it.

The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go.

They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a

''general'' discharge, an 'other than honorable'' discharge or,

worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few

days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69

percent of Americans?

Say what you want but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it

leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a

car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids

selling lemonade at the corner?

The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit

corporations. They offer what sells, and when criticized, try to

defend their actions by 'justifying' them in one way or another.

Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson

to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he

did he would have done it this way......Insane!

Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.' 'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

Jay Leno

OOOOOk. Guess I shoulda remembered to check Snopes first. But, whoever wrote it, I still think it's good food for thought.

Whomever it is by, it sure does make a good point. Whatever your political views, we should all be happy we are Americans......I for one would NOT like to live in any other country. I have traveled the world, and yes there are some real nice places but the good old USA is where I want to be..........
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]I for one, believe in this country and thank God every day for the men and women who risk their lives to protect us and the freedoms we take for granted. But, I think we are still a great country in spite of President Bush..[/SIZE]

...just my opinion

Laura, You beat me to it!

I can only add that some seem to think that if we love our country, we should shut our mouths and never question or criticize. Still others suggest that to laud what is wonderful about our country is to be a gullible sap.

I firmly believe that, because I love my country and what it stands for, it is my duty -- my obligation -- to speak out on what I see and what I believe, BOTH positive and negative.

Please don't ever believe that those who speak for change, those opposed to our current administration, and/or those who feel the war in Iraq is misguided at best do not love our country.

True patriotism is not demonstrated by wearing a flag pin or spouting mindles jingoistic phrases; it is shown best by taking the time and thought to consider what our founding principles truly mean, and it is shown by holding our leaders accountable for maintaining these principles.

As is so often said, freedom isn't free, but it also isn't mindless, and it isn't for those who will so willingly surrender the rights this country was founded upon.

"Please don't ever believe that those who speak for change, those opposed to our current administration, and/or those who feel the war in Iraq is misguided at best do not love our country."

Thats right.....theat is why we live in America....we are all FREE to think/feel what we want.

Laura, You beat me to it!

I can only add that some seem to think that if we love our country, we should shut our mouths and never question or criticize. Still others suggest that to laud what is wonderful about our country is to be a gullible sap.

I firmly believe that, because I love my country and what it stands for, it is my duty -- my obligation -- to speak out on what I see and what I believe, BOTH positive and negative.

Please don't ever believe that those who speak for change, those opposed to our current administration, and/or those who feel the war in Iraq is misguided at best do not love our country.

True patriotism is not demonstrated by wearing a flag pin or spouting mindles jingoistic phrases; it is shown best by taking the time and thought to consider what our founding principles truly mean, and it is shown by holding our leaders accountable for maintaining these principles.

As is so often said, freedom isn't free, but it also isn't mindless, and it isn't for those who will so willingly surrender the rights this country was founded upon.
AMEN Sister!

Excellent post!!!

I love, am proud of and grateful for our Country.

Additionally, I must be in the 31% who support our President!

july4_1.gif

I don't agree with our President about everything........who ever does??? And since when has a majority ever been happy with the current president? Only history will tell us what kind of job he did.

But I do agree with the the initial post, no matter who wrote it. As a society, we ARE a bunch of spoiled brats. And if we aren't careful our way of life could be stripped away from us........bit by bit....... Do we need yet ANOTHER "wake up call" to show us what a great place we live in?

Being a Patriot does not mean you have to love the President or the Executive branch for that matter. It means loving your Country and these are entirely seperate issues.

I too, love my Country, in SPITE of Bush.

Thank you for this post appylover. I guess I am in the 31 percent bracket also who is a bush fan. I will never for get 911 and how the president has kept me, my loved ones and every thing I hold dear in my life safe since then.This is the greatest country in the world to live and we all are blessed to be here.
default_yes.gif

Very well put. We do indeed take for granted all that we have, including our freedoms and relative safety compared with most parts of the world.

Jan

I'm also part of that 31%. I think President Bush provided the comfort and leadership this country badly needed during that horrible day in September when our nation came under attack.

Ummmmm.....just thought of a great new topic for conversation.

OMGosh , wouldnt it have been better for him to have READ and listened to the intelligence reports stating that Al Queda was possing a threat???? Instead of stating , and its public record too, that they were not a threat????

Think back, its not like we were being attacked every year, it was years between each attack. And moreover, these seem to be during the first year of a new term. Other countries are being attacked, as always. Really, in truth, nothing has changed other than we are broke and our military is spread too thin.

I proudly stand with you in the 31%.

That was a good read and I very MUCH agree we are spoiled rotten and this isn't the first time I've said so.

I proudly stand in the 31%! We are spoiled brats and like to blame everyone else for things that happen. I for one would NEVER want to be in President Bush's shoes when he HAS to make some of the decisions he makes. I am free, I have a job and a home and HORSES and I don't look over my shoulder for terrorists. I thank God that I live where I do.

happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Exactly how I feel, too!

And, since you brought up horses, every time someone here complains about how expensive things are, I cannot help but think "It can't be but so bad, you've got a horse!" (and it's been 100 years since anyone had a horse because they "needed" one).

I'm in the 31% too. Also people sometimes really don't stop and think about everything that we have in the USA. Especially compared to some third world countries.

Latest posts

Back