Tennessee Show - VERY nice!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
I was apprentice Steward at the Tennessee Volunteers show last weekend. They put on a nice show! Had around 80+ horses. I was a little disappointed - only 6 ponies!! Was hoping for more but that's how it goes.

Shelbyville is a great little town. Especially if you like the Walking horse - it's the World Capital for the TWH and it shows. The facility was HUGE!!

Everybody was very friendly, especially the club members. They put a lunch on each day that was just delicious, plus had fruit and water out the rest of the time. This is truly a great club that works hard to make the exhibitors feel special. they also had a nice selection for a silent auction, but I had to leave before the time was up, so couldn't shop - but wanted to!

The horses were beautiful. There were many that I thought would fit just perfectly into the back of my Trailblazer to bring back to Michigan.

I was apprenticing with Robby McCartha, and he was great. Both he and Diane were fantastic and very knowledgeable. Their little boy Hunter is going to be a heartbreaker! The show manager Dixi certainly knows her stuff! Very nice job!

So thanks to the Tennessee Volunteers, the exhibitors who were so friendly, and all those there who made my visit so enjoyable.
default_saludando.gif

If you get a chance, this is certainly a show to attend!!

I was apprentice Steward at the Tennessee Volunteers show last weekend. They put on a nice show! Had around 80+ horses. I was a little disappointed - only 6 ponies!! Was hoping for more but that's how it goes.

Shelbyville is a great little town. Especially if you like the Walking horse - it's the World Capital for the TWH and it shows. The facility was HUGE!!

Everybody was very friendly, especially the club members. They put a lunch on each day that was just delicious, plus had fruit and water out the rest of the time. This is truly a great club that works hard to make the exhibitors feel special. they also had a nice selection for a silent auction, but I had to leave before the time was up, so couldn't shop - but wanted to!

The horses were beautiful. There were many that I thought would fit just perfectly into the back of my Trailblazer to bring back to Michigan.

I was apprenticing with Robby McCartha, and he was great. Both he and Diane were fantastic and very knowledgeable. Their little boy Hunter is going to be a heartbreaker! The show manager Dixi certainly knows her stuff! Very nice job!

So thanks to the Tennessee Volunteers, the exhibitors who were so friendly, and all those there who made my visit so enjoyable.
default_saludando.gif

default_saludando.gif

Yes it was a great show. We were there and had a great time. I really appreciate the profesionalism of the show director and stewarts.You couldn't ask for any better.

jeniemac

Ruffian... I saw the Trail Blazer with the Michigan license plate, but did not know that was your vehicle. I was asking around who it belonged to because I am a fellow Michigander (from Owosso/Shiawassee County), but was raised in Florida and now live in Tennessee. Funny too, Rachel Hall who was at the show is from Durand, Michigan! We had the horses that you were making the Star Wars comments on! Enjoyed talking to you and know you will make a good steward.

The Tennessee show is always a very enjoyable show. Thoroughly love the hospitality center and the complimentary food and drinks. Love attending a show with Dixi and Robby & Diane McCartha. It always runs so smoothly!

Keep up the good work.

Tam

"May the force be with you, Luke Skywalker"! He is a gorgeous little horse. So we did "meet" just not as Michiganders do! That's with a Koegels and a Vernors, for you non-Michigan folks!

Those of you familiar with this show from events past - - how long does it take the photographer to post the proofs?

One of our boys was in this show with Peas and we're dying to see what he looked like! LOL

I've been provided the website to the photographer but no mention of show is listed and haven't yet received a reply to my email.

Perhaps I'm just too anxious and should realize this will be a long process to download all those photos? Just can't help it. LOL

Our first show and his first too - we haven't seen him since he left late February all hairy and woolie so we're dying for photos! LOL

Oh yes - - - he did good!!!!!
wink.gif
and will be showing again next month in Ohio show! whoohooo Thanks for all the hard work and believing in him Peas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tam,

You guys coming to Fletcher? We are going for the R show only but I sure hope you guys are there, its been to long.

Karen

the website for the them

www.southerncomfortphoto.net

i just checked and the photos are up

Those of you familiar with this show from events past - - how long does it take the photographer to post the proofs?

One of our boys was in this show with Peas and we're dying to see what he looked like! LOL

I've been provided the website to the photographer but no mention of show is listed and haven't yet received a reply to my email.

Perhaps I'm just too anxious and should realize this will be a long process to download all those photos? Just can't help it. LOL

Our first show and his first too - we haven't seen him since he left late February all hairy and woolie so we're dying for photos! LOL

Oh yes - - - he did good!!!!!
wink.gif
and will be showing again next month in Ohio show! whoohooo Thanks for all the hard work and believing in him Peas!

the website for the them

www.southerncomfortphoto.net

i just checked and the photos are up

Thanks! Awesome - and found his photos - 4 of them - too cool. I didn't recognize him and had to ask Peas if it was really him! LOL Too funny!

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction - beautiful photos of everyone!

Latest posts

Back