Tell me what you think!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latika

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had my website going for a while now, but have only just started really "using" it, seeing as I havent been breeding and Sabaar is only just old enough to be stood at stud!

So please let me know what you think, I am aiming for a friendly rather than professional feel (as its not my job, its my hobby) but dont want to come across as an amatuer either! (even tho its very possible I still am!)lol

Constructive criticism welcome :lol:

Latika Performance Pony Stud

Thank in advance
default_smile.png

**edited to correct link!**

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took a fast look and I think it looks nice. It deffinitely has the main thing I look for and that is ease of loading photos. Some sites take forever to load photos because the files are too large, but yours downloaded quickly and nicely. Nice job. For what my opinion is worth
default_wacko.png
:

Have a good weekend :bgrin

Angie

I think it looks very nice, the only thing I can see with it as to something I would change is the main header. Not sure on the size of your browser but with mine I have to scroll to the side to view the rest of it. Everything else looks great as in positioning. But its not really a big deal, just as someone who is used to web design, its things I look for when making my own/others. But I love it otherwise, nice pictures and easy directing of links. Good Job!

Ok since you asked and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet I can be very objective and brutally honest

Professional VS Friendly

Well, I'm here to tell you that my website looks like ROMPER ROOM and is not what I'd call very professional. If someone doesn't want to do business with me because I chose to have my website reflect ME instead of my lack of "professionalizm" they can go pound sand

I'd much prefer to be on a website such as yours, with that nice pretty pink color, forgot what you call it, (fushia)? and have butterflies flitting around me anyday, rather than to be on a cold, harsh website where you know people just want to sell, sell, sell. I find your website friendly.

What does bother me is your homepage. The little tiny thumbnails of all the horses first are kinda dark to see, and I don't much care for the "set up" or layout of them. I find it confusing wondering exactly what or who you are wanting to promote. What I see are some very nice and talented horses and I think they should be show cased differently. IF those pictures are of all of your horses, then I feel a collage would work better or just a picture of your favorite horse for your homepage. The title is broken up where you have "Latika" over to the left and the rest below on the right and my browser is breaking it all up too so I think it would be better centered and together.

The Welcome is very tiny at the bottom and hard to see and I almost missed it. I also like the way you explained what "Latika" means.....I learned a new word today! And I do really like the butterfly. That's adorable for springtime and it all did load quickly too. OK coffee time.........

Thanks everyone, and Marty - Brutally honest is appreciated!

... my laptop is widescreen, I am thinking that I will have to redo the home page to cater for non-widescreen, I never thought of that!

I had alot of confliction on what picture to use on the front page, but I will now try to find something more simple, and increase the font size of the welcome.
default_smile.png

Thanks again
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back