Taylor Jo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetOpal

Reaction score
TJ, haven't heard anything lately, how is Gary doing? Please update us, your in my thoughts always.

Hi Jennifer thanks for thinking of him. I have been sick and staying home cause I can't go in the nursing home sick. Yesterday I slept all day and then went to bed at 7 and the night before I went to bed at 630 pm. I've got a bad cold. The dogs have loved it Mom's home and they haven't left my side.

I took him to Chemo on Thursday which was a nightmare, we were there from 12n to 6 pm. They wanted to admit him cause of his swollen legs and feet. He looks like a Suma Wrestler they're so huge. He's got little red dots, called peticia on them from the pressure and they're leaking fluid out of them. So the Dr up his diuretic and sent him back to the nursing home and told him to elevate his feet. The ONLY other thing I know that they could do to get the fluid of is probably dialysis but I'm not familiar with it so don't quote me on that.

He's down, frustrated cause he can't do PT with his legs like that. I've had him out to lunch and here to the house for lunch but it's such a struggle with his legs and feet cause they're like lifting dead weights around.

However, the good news is the Dr felt his abdomen and said he couldn't feel the mass that he felt in there before so he's going to take a ct scan of it in a month or two and see what's going on. He said NOT to get our hopes up.

He's so stubborn, and I'm frustrated with him, but it's his body and not mine. I think partially he didn't go in cause he didn't want me driving back and forth. I told him I didn't care I wanted the fluid off of him. He goes back Thursday for Chemo so we'll see what the Dr says.

Hope all is well your way, the kids doing good. Polly my filly is growing like a weed and is as sweet as ever. Hugs, TJ

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, good to hear there are some good things going on.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the update - hope you're feeling better soon. You have to take care of yourself too.

Barbie

Glad to hear things are going ok so far (as much as they can) and that is GOOD that the Dr. cannot feel the mass like he did before!! I would guess in the next couple of weeks, that you should see a decline in the fluid and problems with his legs. It took a couple of chemo treatments here on our end to see.... almost to the third one (out of six)

Sounds like you are hanging in there... the outings might be a pain, the movement and change of scenery will really do him good, and gives him something to look forward too also!!! Keep it up!

Thoughts, prayers and hugs are with you!!

Latest posts

Back