tattoos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the old fashioned type. Don't have any, don't want any.

I posted before and I also don't have any-don't want any.I am past the age when I need or have any desire to follow the latest trends and fads.Guess I'm getting very independent as I get older.I have seen several pretty tattoos of horses, but I don't want one.I'm alright with pain-as long as it is somebody else.No tattoos for me unless they are the ones like the little kids get that wash off.Those are cute and removable.

I'm with you Bevann and am about your age. I can sort of be ok with men having them, but not women. I find nothing worse, than seeing a woman wearing a beautiful evening gown and the whole effect being spoiled by tattoos. To me, they just don't seem to go together.

Lizzie

I understand where some are coming from. I think you do need to think about your future if you are young (teens, early 20's) and getting tattoos. If they are very visible it very may well hinder your job search, depending on what type of job you are looking for.

That said, most people don't know I have a tattoo and would never suspect me of having a tattoo! It is on my right shoulder blade, so unless I am wearing a bathing suit, you never see it. Typically, I would say most preschool teacher/Sunday School teacher/Youth Pastor/Missionaries probably don't have tattoos!
default_wink.png
Again, I never saw myself as having a tattoo. My husband has 3 and I really like them. I got mine 6 years ago in November. As many know, my youngest daughter was born with a very severe heart defect. Basically, she only has "half a heart." I met 3 other moms who also had children with similar defects. All four of our children were facing their third open heart surgery at the same time. We called them the Fontan Four (the Fontan is the name of the surgery). The first three kids, including my daughter, all did great with their surgery with some complications. However, my friend's daughter who had her surgery last at a different hospital suffered even more complications and after fighting for 87 days, passed away.

In honor of precious Lauren, we designed a tattoo that is a heart shaped like a necklace all of us had with the number 4 inside. We wanted Stephanie (my friend) to know that her daughter would always be a part of us - they would forever be the Fontan Four. I have never regretted that tattoo. It definitely has a special meaning to me and I know it meant a lot to Stephanie when we did it.

Barbara

I have a few pics of some of them. I am 27 now, and honestly only have plans to get one more (my daughter to be, her foot print to go with my other daughters). I have since taken out all but one of my peircings that I had. All of my tats except one are coverable by clothing, and the one is mostly but on my wrist so it does show some.

29639_450854181152_735241152_6023424_3147909_n.jpg

well I thought I had more, but cant seem to find the other pics.

I have one which I have had it worked on 4 different times cause I hated it. Then the last time I had it covered. heres before and after pics. I want 1 more to compleate this one and what it is, is a bear paw print on my shoulder blade on the same arm. I drew the cover up myself and had my friend tatoo it on me at the kitchen table. It took 5 hrs to compleate.

If i could start all over, I dont think I would have got one in the 1st place.

tat_1.jpg

tat_2.jpg

tat_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only because you asked...I don't have, don't want, don't like, and don't get it. IMO clean, toned, muscled flesh is so much more appealing...just saying. But then I am admittingly old fashioned.

I'm 59 years old and never thought of getting a tatoo till last year my husband has tatoos and he asked me if our perlino mare Spice placed top ten at AMHR Nationals would I get a tatoo well she did and I did. Here it is last year right after I got it still red and a little swollen it looks better now. Now our Buzz got Top Ten this year at AMHA World show so I guess he will be on my other arm soon.

loristattoo003smaller.jpg

I think as far as the work place goes in a few short years that will not be such an issue. Those getting tattoos now will soon be prevalent in the work force as those older (and many who do not like them) will be leaving it. This will take the you cannot get a job cause of your tattoos story kinda out the window or well at least for a much larger portion of employers then we have now.

I love to see everyone s tattoos and see how they express themselves... honestly when I am 70 or 80 I am sure I will not regret my tattoos they are part of me and part of what I choose to express. I rarely these days at my age do things I am ashamed of or embarrassed about

Those who opt to judge me will do so tattoos or not and I can promise you this.. I could care less now and I am sure I will care even less 20-30 years from now what anyone thinks of my life choices.

I think as far as the work place goes in a few short years that will not be such an issue. Those getting tattoos now will soon be prevalent in the work force as those older (and many who do not like them) will be leaving it. This will take the you cannot get a job cause of your tattoos story kinda out the window or well at least for a much larger portion of employers then we have now.

I love to see everyone s tattoos and see how they express themselves... honestly when I am 70 or 80 I am sure I will not regret my tattoos they are part of me and part of what I choose to express. I rarely these days at my age do things I am ashamed of or embarrassed about

Those who opt to judge me will do so tattoos or not and I can promise you this.. I could care less now and I am sure I will care even less 20-30 years from now what anyone thinks of my life choices.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I consider it a form of creativity or expression.

Some tattoos are like, "What were you thinking"!!!!!!

I wouldn't get one.

Seems most regret getting them later in life.
default_saludando.gif

I have not read all of the responses. However, I would never get a tattoo! My sister has one and in my opinion tattoos are not flattering. I think it is sad that people feel the need to add un-natural colors to their bodies or their hair for that matter. You do not even know if the ink could cause cancer or if there is lead in it. No, I think I will stay entirely flesh colored.

Why is it 'sad' that some like to have tattoos...no offense but I don't want or need your 'pity' thank you. They are not for everyone and you don't have to like them. Never expected the folks on here to be so judgmental about a simple thing like a tattoo though.

i have three, planing on 5 -7 more before spring and others in the making.. i love my tats, and think that its a GREAT way to show off your character. i love tats, many of my friends have tats. but the way i see it, is if you like or dislike tats, its your choice and you shouuldnt judge anyone on what they choose to do!

ill book mark this thread, and when i start my new ones, ill share pics!

my others are, a dancing tigger, for my daughter macknezie, and also her name above him, then the word love tattoed on my right shoulder.

i plan on a horse on the small of my back, adding Faith to my left shoulder, and hope in between faith and love.

A teddy bear for my other daughter mackenzie.

and a pegasus chest plate and several others lol

default_saludando.gif
i love tattoos but i have seen some really horrible one but each to there own

i have 3 tattoos that i tattooed on my self that was different i use to have my own gun

but my saying will all ways be NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT COVER

I don't have any tats.

I did design this for a forum member and she went out and got it done! It's since been colored in
default_smile.png

Picture032.jpg

The angle of the pic isn't good, sorry.

Well since I don’t have pics and I did try posting this earlier only to have it vanish again here is what I have:

Left ankle is a leaf

Right calf is a rearing horse

Right back calf is an angel and a devil to represent the constant battle of good vs. evil

Right hip is a tiger cub

Left wrist is a Celtic horse

Left upper arm is Emma’s footprint and another horse

Right forearm is the pic I posted

Right upper arm is faith, hope and love symbols

Between my shoulder blades is my pride tat

And my lower back is a Celtic/cancer sign

Here is mine,(sorry about the blood) I got a celtic knot/fire/horse.

2 things I am passionate about. Horses and my Irish heritage and I am a Leo and they are fire signs. I have to get it retouched now that is healed.

IMG_2786.jpg

Here is mine,(sorry about the blood) I got a celtic knot/fire/horse.

2 things I am passionate about. Horses and my Irish heritage and I am a Leo and they are fire signs. I have to get it retouched now that is healed.

IMG_2786.jpg

Wow, I love your tattoo and I don't think I've ever felt that way about a tattoo before. It looks like a piece of art.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back