Take to the show????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equanox

Reaction score
Well I thought I would be brave and get this boy out of the pasture, and start working with him for a show in mid August.

Here is a now video in the pasture of him. I cannot wait to see him ready/shaved.

I know I am crazy.............

Here is his Video:

P.S. he is in halter stallions, solid color, and liberty

I think he would be a great driving prospect! I just don't have the extra time.

I will start him in halter, and see how he does. Either way it will be a good to see how he performs in the ring/ and overall impression.

Maybe I will be lucky and someone else will see his qualities, before his striking perlino color.

Never shown a perlino in a color class????

I will take pictures/results of him at his show and post them. A before and after look of him.

Thanks Michelle

He would be very nice by the looks of it in the cart.

Depends on the judge as to how they do in the color class. Some will use them others wont.

Its too bad hes not driving.

I would love to see him in harness! He has been long reined but nothing further.

After the show I will see what is next for him. I have his brother, mother, and father still.

Daughter would love to show him, only thing he would have to be gelded. Not sure if I want to do that yet with my golden boy.

Thanks

Michelle

How old is she?

I know my trainer has one of my minis who has some issues and is trying to get her ready to the PNE.

I want to take both mares but I am not sure if the one will measure in. Shes AMHA/AMHR but measures 33.75" So Im not sure what I want to do about her yet.

Or if I should concentrate on the one mare I KNOW for sure will measure under even though she will have barely 30 days in the cart on her. Shes had lots of time in the lines and isnt cart shy or anything. She just doesnt always want to move. When I got her all she would do is rear and strike. 2 years and she is finally mostly over that. But Im not sure about hauling her to a new place and having her behave.

My daughter will be 10 in August. She puts the halter on him with no bit and a line clipped on each side. Away they go around the pasture.

If my daughter had her way one of the brothers would be gelded! Deb Harper said she would train/lessons after she saw the one stallion in person for cart.

Spirit is only 31.25" to 31.50" so he will be fine for the PNE. That will be his first trip away from home and show so I don't want to push him.

Here is his brother in action:

Here is the mare my daughter started showing now. Pictured at her first show in her life, and 12years old. She measured 29.75" at the AMHA show.

We took this mare to a clinic Cathy Howard put on. The mare had never seen a harness, and this was not our harness on her. We had that harness on her in 15 min ( had lots adjusting). Kathy was behind her and had her going the first day of the clinic. I will post pictures from the driving clinic.

Its too bad your daughter isnt just a little bit older. As youth drivers are hard to find here in BC.

She certainly is cute.

I have a soft spots for the not so likelys as well.

You have some very nice-moving horses! And Deb Harper is a trustworthy, fantastic driver. You and your horses will be well-educated if you train with her.
default_yes.gif

Leia

Here is a video of the 12 year old broodmare that the daughter has taken to the show. She is 29.75" but she can move.

We have two shows left, and then we want to start working for a cart horse in 2010.

I would only go to Deb, she has been great with us.

Thanks Michelle

Latest posts

Back