Sylvia Brown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I believe that the bible is God breathed, and it frequently speaks of supernatural forces. I believe upon Jesus Christ, and when you do and trust God's word you understand that there is definitely a spiritual battle that goes on. There are angels and demons, and the Lord and Satan. People seek answers and while they are seeking the truth all sort of dangerous stumbling blocks get in the way. I think you need to be very cautious not to tamper with the dark things that are unseen.

Often times evil/dark is disguised as good and light. I believe that the woman with the tv show is a dangerous character who has either invited dark (and they give her things to say) or that she is using closed circuitry. When she says there is no heaven or heck she wants you to become confused or atheistic. The lies then get hold of you and before you know it you are lost.

My suggestion is to read the bible to seek these answers, and you will find answers if you are seeking them! It is far from the hateful book people say it is that haven't truly read it with an open mind.

I can't say if there is meaning in your pin, but perhaps God is really trying to tell you something instead. May you be blessed!

I don't know if she is evil or not, I've never seen her, but I do know that evil and good both exsist. As I said in a previous post, I saw evil the night before I was to be babtised. I turned on the light and grabbed my bible and poof the evil being was gone. I do believe in angels both good and bad, but also am interested in beings that present themselves to us after passing. I hope it is not evil to do so, just the way I feel.

I believe Sylvia has a true gift and it is NOT based on evil. What she does for people is good...nothing "dark" about it. So she doesn't believe that there is a "H*E*L*L"...It is hers to believe...doesn't mean she is "forcing" her beliefs on others.

Oh..I could go on...but I am going to stop now....
default_shutup.gif

I do want to mention that Sylvia frequently talked about God and the fact that he is very real. I do believe in God. I have read the Bible. I also believe that there may be other spirits out there, all over-looked by God. I know that the Bible warns of evil, but I also believe that the spirits/angels/guides in my life have a closer "connection" to God and are guiding me based on Gods' will. I believe that if I follow the path set for me, that God will help me get to a better place.

The goal of my post was not to dispute the Bible - just to put forth an opinion that there are other forces in my life that are making (or have been making) themselves present either by my knowing how to acknowledge them or finally coming around.

I believe in good and evil......we all see it regularly within our horse ownership. I also believe in good and evil spiritually, I've experienced both. Not going to go into details, but my mother pointed out to me when I opened up to the good, I was also open to the evil. But my faith and belief protected me. It still does. And I'm not going to deny my positive experiences because of fear (which is a form of evil.)

Adam, I would say.....Fill your heart with Love and follow it. It won't let you down because where there is Love, there is God.

I do believe in spirits, more so than a god. (Yes, NOT capitalized.) So, yes I am an atheist and I would appreciate if nobody pushed their views onto me. I have been pushed away from religion because of extremists and the like. I have no interest. Thank you.

I am not sure whether or not I have had any experiences with spirits. I am a very cautious person out of fear and try not to get myself in any situations so not to attract and unwanted visitors. My parents' bedroom has a wall length mirror that I purposly try not to look into when I walk past it. I really don't want to see anything assuming anything was there besides myself.

You should see me in the dark. I run like a little kid about to wet their pants. I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of what could be in the dark.
default_wink.png

I do however remember a time when my dad and brother were in the timber. I had trailed behind and was bored out of my mind. Of course, at seven I was walking aimlessly and had just passed this windmill and could have sworn that I heard somebody say my name. I asked my dad and brother and they both denied it. Freaks me out just thinking about it.

If I do have spirits around me I would appreciate it if they didn't make themselves present when I'm home alone or by myself. I'd rather not have to change my underwear afterwards or go to the hospital for cardiac arrest. Thanks, whomever you are.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When we moved to Nevada we lived in a duplex that had been government housing. Doors would open and close by themselves. We called him Harvey. He even did things when we had company. One day Harvey opened the front door while we were gone. My tiny yorkie got out. After that I was not so tolerant of Harvey. He would do something and I would tell him to just knock it off. I wasn't happy with him. About 2 months later we moved and Harvey stayed behind.

This topic has made me feel relieved. Sometimes I don't know how people will respond. I am an animal communicator and healer. In fact so minis gave me the name the pony petter. ThanKs

I'm not always sure what I believe - I'm a very practical, realist, scientist. But I have had experiences that defy explanation, as have friends of mine. So I believe in God, and spirits, and yet. . . .

My brother is a Lutheran minister, and he was questioned once by another minister about his "lack of faith" because he was questioning dogma. My brother's response is one I now hold as my mantra "Of course I lack faith, if I didn't, it wouldn't be faith, it would be certainty."

My own experience . . . 1 week after my father passed on, I was at my brother's house where we were writing thank you notes. I woke up from a dream about my dad in the middle of the night, to hear my phone (which I had turned off when I went to bed) beep that I had a text message. The message was from my then 14 year old son. It simply said, "Hey Mom, Grandpa's ok."

I called my son the next morning. He hadn't sent a text, hadn't even been awake, and no text was sent according to his phone. I think my dad was telling me it was allright, and he was in a better place.

I believe there are true psychics - I also believe there are those who "rig" it - have in fact seen multiple television expose's on how they do it - which is fascinating actually. Problem is knowing who is who!

I think animals are more tuned in to spirits too, many times I know my dogs "see" things in my house that I don't.

I believe Sylvia has a true gift and it is NOT based on evil. What she does for people is good...nothing "dark" about it. So she doesn't believe that there is a "H*E*L*L"...It is hers to believe...doesn't mean she is "forcing" her beliefs on others.

Oh..I could go on...but I am going to stop now....
default_shutup.gif
I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, just putting them out there
default_biggrin.png
Are you forcing your beliefs on me when you speak of your beliefs? I will not follow everything someone else believes, nor do I feel forced to do so. Similarly, I do not force anyone to read my posts.

I was also posting a reply to the OP, I had not read the rest of the replies. I agree, one should not have a spirit of fear. I do not have fear of those things that go bump in the night because I believe 1 John 4:4.

People have a natural curiosity, and that is fine, I am an extremely curious person, but some of my curiosities should remain as curiosities imo.

I believe this also because God warned me in Deuteronomy 18:9-12

And I am led to... Ephesians 6:11-12

Be blessed, and I mean it!

THANK YOU Adam for sharing. I'm a believer too. Many years ago, an older (much older) friend of mine died from lung cancer and we were really close. She was the first friend/relative to die that I had a daily relationship with. I took it really hard. The night she died, our dog would not settle down and go to sleep. I didn't learn the time of her death until the next day. And then a few days a later, in my apartment (that she had never been too), I caught a whiff of her perfume.

Most recently, I lost my grandmother the friday before Thanksgiving. It was sudden and I was by her side when she passed. I can tell you that is the most intimate thing I have ever been part of. It rocked me to my core to lose this incredible woman. She was an avid George Strait fan and I had played her some of his music before we had to make the decision to let her go (something I hope I never have to do again). 2 days later, my dad and I were getting in the truck to leave her nursing home and immediately on the radio "She let herself go" by GS. The next day, I was leaving my parents house to take the dress and jewelry to the funeral home and I switched on the radio and heard "I saw God today" by GS and immediately lost it. The next song was "Cowgirls don't cry" (I was the family cowgirl out of 5 granddaughters). Finally, composed myself, dropped off the dress and jewelry and stopped for gas. Jumped back into the truck and heard the last verse of a GS song. This is literally the only part of the song I heard...."Thanks for everything".

I can only believe that the song choices and exact moments when I heard these songs or verses (exactly when I turned the radio on) was her talking to me.

"She let herself go. I saw God today. Thanks for everything." I don't hear this much George Strait EVER.

I believe in Sylvia Brown. She seems genuine every time I've watched her and would love to meet her one day.

Adam, I too have had some experiences with spirits. The first when I was really young, I woke in the middle of the night and went to tell my parents that a good friend of mine from the rabbit club had come to say goodbye as she had died and something to do with fire (my parents and her parents belonged to the same rabbit club). The next morning my mother sat me down and told me indeed she had died the morning of my dream--I won't go into details. That stopped me from dreaming for many years.

When I had my first breast cancer surgery and I was coming out of anesthia (sp) I saw my very special Aunt Essie at the foot of my gurney. It was not until days later that I was told she had a massive stroke about the time of my surgery and was never able to communicate after that--she told me she was watching over me and everything would be fine. She lived for several years after that, in a nursing home never able to talk and never showing signs of knowing who we were.

But the one that set me back the most was after my mother died. It was always a given that my brother (we are both adopted) was the special one in her eyes. Mother died in Aug 2004, and I was attending the 2004 AMHR Nationals, I stopped by to visit with Bonnie Fogg about one of my stallions that she had read a year or so earlier but wanted an update on him. My oldest son was standing beside me. Bonnie looked at me and said "Before I can tell you about Joe who is the lady standing behind the man at your side"--no one was there--Bonnie said that until she told me what that Lady wanted to say she was not leaving--well to make a long story short it was my Mother, Bonnie called her by name and said that Mother needed to let me know that she knew she had hurt me badly favoring my brother over me but that she never intentionally meant to do the harm she did and that she now realized it and needed to tell me how sorry she was. That she was with her entire family and all was well and that Aunt Essie would join them before Christmas. Then she said Love you all and left--a breeze crossed both James and I (we were inside a building). We just looked at each other stunned--Bonnie then said now I can read Joe, but that Lady was just extremely presistent and would not go away until she made her point--that was my mother to a tee.

My Aunt Essie passed away between Thanksgiving and Christmas that year during the early morning hours and she came to my room, the dog started growling and woke me up. There was Aunt Essie standing by my bedside, a picture of health and glowing with a beautiful smile and said I'm leaving, you will be fine and do well, your mother is waiting for me as she said she told you she would. I had a great life and so will you, I felt a hand stroke my forhead as she turned and left saying we are watching over you.

So Adam, count me amoung those that do believe that those that have passed before us can talk to us--and yes my entire family is very religous and believes in GOD.

The visits are few and far between but I sometimes get the feeling that someone is near -- the ruffle of my hair or a slight pressure on my cheek (my aunt used to kiss my cheek when I was little)and I know I was just visited for a short second or two.

Sylvia Brown is facinating! I love watching her do her thing on TV. I would love to see her live sometime.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

I want to believe certain things out of "need" which is usually the case. Many things have happened but most of them I can explain rationally. Some I cannot.

As far as Sylvia Browne, I feel she is a huge fake who preys on desperate and grieving people like me.

If I could type in the music for Twilight Zone I would. I doubt my posts makes it in. I tried to reply last night and my computer went crazy. This topic alone is misalligned on my view of the Back Porch. My computer is making keystrokes that I am not making. Seriously. Last night I attempted to post, basically giving my personal opinion from personal experiences about you have to be very careful about opening yourself up to this type of "belief" for lack of a better word. I also used to watch Sylvia on Montel's show, I bought her books. I was so grieved about my granddad's death I was desperate. He was my rock and my best friend. Dammit the keystroke "thing" just happened again. Ok , I needed answers about where he was, how he was, and who would replace him in my life. Dang it, what I am typing is disappearing. This is ticking me off. What I was attempting to convey is that I personally believe that distinguishing between a "gift of the spirit" (Galations, yes I could give you chapter and reverse but prefer you read entire book) AND SORCERY. oops, just had to correct another typo that I did not do. This is crazy. What I am trying to say is that I do believe certain people are gifted. I have prophetic dreams that scare the *#@! out of me. If I could return the gift I would and although people I trust have told me it is that type gift yous should use for good I still find it disturbing. But if you do not know where that gift is coming from you had better be careful. I believe there is a dark side. When I was a teen-ager we did all sorts of crazy things like seances (sp?), visiting graveyards middle of the night, hours of OUIJA board, etc. In 2001 I became a Christian. Yeah, I had been baptized as a kid but as I recently put it to the preacher that performed that baptism 40 years ago "it just didn't take". When I truly came to know the Lord, I threw away my Sylvia books. I did not want them to end up in anyone's hands. I do not believe she is without a gift, but as long as I do not know the origin of it I do not want to delve there any longer. I truly believe that some people are psychic and IF I had a loved one that was missing I would for sure consult one because of course in that type situation time would be of the essence. That being said, a gift of the Spirit and "sorcery" are totally different. The Bible condems sorcery right there with lying, abominations, and all types of lewd behavior. I am just saying be careful of what you open yourself up to. I do not wish to offend anyone, but I believe we all have that little voice within us that tells us right from wrong.

Marty I'm with you on this one.
I believe she is making big money off of people grieving, but I cannot not say she is fake, I guess I honestly just did not want to spell out that she might be evil. Honestly, she seems to have a gift, and honestly I do not have a good feeling about her not knowing for sure how she is able to do what she does...just saying...I crossed her off my list places to seek answers a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back