Sylvia Brown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongman

Reaction score
A lot of strange stuff has been happening around our house lately. Jason and I live in my grandparents farm house (they have both passed on). My grandmother passed away in the house. I really don't think she ever left. Her passion was cooking and baking - frequently we come home to find her recipes laying on the counter or the drawer with the baking supplies in, wide open. I've often thought I could see her and sometimes even hear her. Probably the most crazy thing is, though, I was flying in the helicopter for work a few weeks ago - we wear flight suits and I always wear my helicopter pin on my collar. Have worn it for years. That particular day, we picked up a gentleman by the name of Les - when we got to the hospital, a nurse commented that "you are flying upside down" meaning my pin was upside down (had NEVER done that before). When we got back to our base, my partner commented on the same thing - the pin was upside down again. Also, during the flight, it felt like someone was touching my left hand and pulling on my flight suit. I called home and found out that my grandmothers' brother, Les, had died that day and that he was in the military (flew helicopters).

To the point of my topic, this past weekend, Jason and I went to see Sylvia Brown (the psychic) speak. It was incredible. I didn't really ever know if I believed in things like this, but was amazed. Many people in the audience were asking questions and getting incredible answers. One gentleman asked about his 7 y/o daughter who was murdered - if the case would ever be solved. Sylvia just said, "Jeff did it". The man started crying - he said that Jeff was one of the suspects but they couldn't find enough evidence to convict. Sylvia guided him to where the evidence was. I don't know if it worked out, but was eerily accurate.

When I went to have my book (yep, purchased a book) signed, I asked if she could tell me anything about my pin.....just that simple. She said, "your grandma "Elise" (her name was Eloise) was watching out for you that day - she was worried about her family being in an aircraft because Leslie had been in some kind of aircraft accident." I couldn't help but cry - she knew my grandmas' name, or so close I counted it, and knew about the aircraft and her brothers name. I didn't tell her any of it, just asked about a pin. I always knew grandma was with me - according to what I've learned, my grandma is one of my angels. She isn't my spirit guide, but one of my angels. Angels are more "visible" - they do things that you will notice. Spirit guides are more "verbal" you may hear them. I did find out that I have a spirit guide, I still can't figure out her name yet, but since talking to Sylvia have heard my guide chatting up a storm.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences? I'm a little freaked out by the whole thing and would love to hear other stories.

Totally fascinating. It's pretty awesome. I haven't had the same experiences but have long believed that we have others around us guiding and protecting us. I would love to hear others experiences.

I have never seen her in person but have seen her on tv and she seems to be the real deal Your story gave me chills

OK better get my flame suit on, I too beleive. When my first husband was killed he came to me in the night and said all was well. When my Mom passed she too came to me in the night and said she was in a better place as she had been suffering.

When we moved to this house there was a spirit here. Only the dogs could see or feel this spirit, my kids were still little. One night while the electric was out due to a snow storm my lab, periness mix was staring at the ceiling something she did a lot of the times as she could see the spirit. since the electric was out we were sitting around playing cards by candle light in front of the wood stove. The table we were using was a glass top balanced on a pedestal, if you put too much pressure on any end it would flip, so we all knew not to put our elbows on or push anywhere. Well out of the blue someone picked up our dog the 120lb lab mix and put in the middle of the table, she was whining, and still looking up, and it was obvious she didn't jump, it looked like she was picked up from underneath and set on the table just so it didn't tip over. Well whatever spirit it was has since moved on, no more unusal activity, and that dog is long gone, but our new dogs never notice any spirits. But I do believe. Also for another story, I believe in good and evil, when I was a child I saw the devil, and he didn't look like the pictures you see in books, it was the night before I was to be babtisted. Real scary. If you see evil, then there must be good.

According to her books, there is no "heck". She describes living on this Earth as "heck" and that anything beyond this is a better place. She also doesn't believe that a God of goodness (like I believe in, but understand that some do not believe in God) wouldn't punish people He created to an eternity of "heck", but simply takes these dark spirits and puts them back into human form to live another lifetime on Earth with the chance at redeeming themselves. I guess a do-over of sorts?!

As for the candle Riverrose....that could be a really accurate thing. Sylvia says that candles are a doorway for spirits to enter - they must hate flourescent lights I guess. It's something to do with the energy from what I remember from her lecture. Even her spirit guide, Francine, comes more frequently when candles are burning.

Ok...so I'm rambling, but I'm enthralled and just read the chapter on Spirit Guides - I guess everyone of us who "goes to a better place" will have someone to look over as their spirit guide before then advancing to the upper stages of Heaven. Here I was kind of hoping that my afterlife would be a vacation, I guess retirement is quite a few years away LOL. I also hope I get an easy person to guide.....I know of some people who would really be a big job.

WOW, thats really good info on the candles. Also when I was a child I wanted to be babtisted in the church, the night before the electric was also off, but not out, I had a candle lite, when the bad spirit appeared I grabbed the bible beside my bed and turned on the light and it was gone! Thanks for the explaination, as it has been over 50 years and has still eluded me.

It is the same reason, again according to Sylvia, why they light candles in churches. We go to church to ask the spirit (whatever your religion or whatever you call that spirit) for a multitude of things like relief of pain, forgiveness, etc... Somewhere along the line, they found out that it was easier for these spirits to enter when there were candles lighted. It is along those same lines that we "light a candle for those departed". It is encouraging them to be present and watch over us I guess.

OH COOL ! Don't be freaked out, you are so lucky to have felt the contact with your grandma, I wish so bad I could hear from my mom.

I think that is one of the most wonderful experiences you could have in your lifetime. Treasure it !

Actually I did "hear" from my mom, once A while after she passed away (and she did NOT want to die), she came to me in a dream, she was sitting in a chair with a smile on her face and I knew then that she had passed over and she was happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother met with a psychic from the twin cities (minneapolis/st paul)-i don't remember the lady's name, but she had a 1 hour session with her out of curiosity and came out in tears. The psychic knew things no one else could have possibly known. My mom was hoping that she would get to hear things from her own relatives that had passed, but my step dads brother who had died the previous year took over. He had a lot to say and even warned my mother about my cousin doing drugs and told my mom to keep an eye on my grandpa's diabetes medication. My mother thought it meant to make sure he was taking it, but he had a heart attack the next summer that his doctor said was most likely due to his diabetic medication. Her grandmother did send a message that she was honored that my mother named her youngest child after her and that she was "spicy" just like her. My grandpa always joked that he often called her "spicy" so it was neat that the psychic had said it. Would have been a big coincidence if she was making stuff up.

There was a lot of other things as well that I won't get into as it was very personal, but my mother said it was definitely an amazing experience. I still have my doubts, but i'd love to visit with a respectable psychic one day
default_smile.png

OH COOL ! Don't be freaked out, you are so lucky to have felt the contact with your grandma, I wish so bad I could hear from my mom.

I think that is one of the most wonderful experiences you could have in your lifetime. Treasure it !

Actually I did "hear" from my mom, once A while after she passed away (and she did NOT want to die), she came to me in a dream, she was sitting in a chair with a smile on her face and I knew then that she had passed over and she was happy.
That is similar to what I experienced with my Mom, she came to me after three nights passing and stood at the end of my bed, and told me she was in a better place. Awsome to know someone else has had this experience, and I"m not alone.

It sounds as though your mothers', much like my grandma, are angels in our lives. Angels are more visible and watch over and help protect us. Spirit guides help direct us and give us information - the chapter I'm reading describes Spirit guides as the "voices in our heads". Like "why did I wear my seatbelt the day that I had the car accident?" or "why did I pick this road to drive to town today?" I honestly know it sounds kind of crazy, but the "voice in your head" is quite possibly a real thing such as a guide directing your life. It says that these guides often sound like a buzzing noise or "chipmunk chatter", but if you focus on this noise you can often bring the noise to mean something........

I'm still creeping myself out a little, so not sure how much more I'll read tonight, but I guess it's a good thing to see different perspectives on life no matter if you believe or not.

THe one thing that makes me sad about this subject is that while I do believe there are people who truly possess this gift I also believe there are many more who claim to and take advantage of and hurt people

I find it such a disgusting thing to do to use power that others have a true gift that can bring such joy and relief to others and manipulate it to make yourself look more important. I think us long timers can remember some great examples of such

That said I do believe that some of us are blessed to have those looking out for us always and it is a wonderful thing!

Now Adam.. get to baking sounds like she would really like you to give it a try
default_wink.png

My co worker is one and we work together in a nursing home / assisted living facility - so you can imagine. I actually worked with her last night and she came in from her break (she was outside) and asked if we had a "Billie" who lived here, well we did at one point and she had passed away last year. She told me how she was sitting outside with her and they talked about fishing ext (Billie liked to fish, and was barried with her fishing rod) and the oddest thing - this was just after 6:00 at night, and every night at 6:00 Billie would go outside to smoke, well when my co worker came back in...I could smell cigarette smoke and she does NOT smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived in Oregon, I had several different experiences with spirits. A few times I have felt a hand on my shoulder or my cheek...in a gentle loving way...and I truly believe it belongs to my grandfather. I have felt presences in the room with me, but have not seen anyone.

When I was working at the cleaners, there was a spirit there who I think was a mischievious child who liked to play jokes. This same spirit also went to the grocery store at night and would play jokes there as well. Several people have "seen" the things this spirit has done.

About 4 yrs ago, I had a friend who I considered a close friend even tho we had never met in person. Her mother was dying and one morning at about 4 AM I woke up and had a feeling, so I texted my friend and asked if she was OK...She answered me "how did you know I was not OK?"...her mother has JUST died. The next day, I "heard" her mother come to me and ask me to "take care of her daughter". I told her I would. I stayed pretty close to my friend and always remembered her on her mother's "anniversary" until she was with her new partner and I let her go. I feel like she is "Ok" now. I think I would feel it if she were not.

Since moving to Florida, the only things that have happened are my phone being "possessed"...It would randomly text or post FB messages when I was not even near my phone (like at night). After I got a new phone it stopped...but just recently my computer started acting funny...the CD flap would open and close on its own and I had not touched it in months!

I think once you allow yourself to be open to experience things, you notice them more often. I think everyone has the "gift" on some level, but so many are closed off or just not aware, so things get missed or explained away as coincidence or "my imagination".

I think that it is awesome that you are allowing yourself to be open to your experiences with spirits Adam! Embrace it...it truly is a gift!

Now Adam.. get to baking sounds like she would really like you to give it a try
default_wink.png
After Jason and I ate supper last evening (I cooked), he told me HE was going to bake. This is somewhat odd in that he likes to bake just doesn't do it very often. I was sitting in the living room (across the house from the kitchen) and he said "Grandma wants me to make oatmeal raisin cookies - she left the recipe on the counter." So, he did. What's really odd about it though, when my grandparents died, the contents of the house were all taken by the sons/daughters or disposed of, including her recipe box. When Jason showed me the recipe, it was HERS - written in her handwriting! No question.

It's really cool to hear others experiences with their spirits - I'm beginning to realize that there are more "beings" out there than I probably had ever learned, been taught or thought about. It's funny that you commented LindaL - I woke up at about 3am this morning and had gotten a text from YOU! I honestly think that my spirit guides name is Linda. I hadn't been able to figure it out, but I kept seeing horses and had gotten a couple of random (blank) texts from Linda....so maybe? She seems to be kind of a brash and straight-to-the-point kind of spirit. I guess some people get suggestions as to what to do from their guide. Mine just kind of kicks my butt.

I didn't realize my phone was still sending out random texts...so Wow! Odd thing is...when I look at my phone's "history" this are no texts sent...like to you Adam from last night.

I didn't realize my phone was still sending out random texts...so Wow! Odd thing is...when I look at my phone's "history" this are no texts sent...like to you Adam from last night.
It was just a random text - says "Hey you". I honestly think that my guide Linda finally found a way to wake me up - I realized that she was out there. In my phone, you are listed as "Linda" only......plausible?

I wish all of us believers could have a get together, I think it would be awesome. Thank you Adam for starting this thread as my family thinks I'm just alittle off. I also get feelings, such as when something is going to happen, and usually it's not for the better. Once I woke at 10:30 at night had such a feeling of doom and couldn't get ride of it, ten minutes later I got a phone call and my best friend had passed. It was very chilling, but by then I was so devestated I didn't remember the time until her husband said at the funeral that she passed at 10:30 that evening. Creepy, huh?

I've had way too many signs and visits to describe here, including ones from some of our Fur-Family. They began with my grandmother passing when I was 12. When I was almost 16 my brother was murdered and he visited several times during that following year. That was also when my Guide made himself known to me. Back then, the term "Guide" wasn't known, so I thought of him as my Guardian Angel and called him "Guardie" and still do.

My husband used to be a non-believer until his mother crossed over and she came back a year later when we went back East to attend our nephew's wedding (her grandson). She made her presence known to me, to another nephew, and then finally to Larry. I was thrilled, but the other two were a bit shook up by it all. LOL. Last year we lost one of our cats to old age and she paid visits to my two daughters and to Larry, but I missed out on that one.
default_sad.png

There is a wonderful book entitled "Hello From Heaven" which gives people's descriptions of their experiences. It's categorized according to the different ways Loved Ones in Spirit leave signs or pay visits. The authors coined the phrase "ADC" (After Death Communication). Since then, one of the authors formed a Chat Board where people can read and share each others experiences. It's also a form of grief therapy for many who visit. I'll post the link below. When you go in to the website, you'll find the link button "Message Board" on the left panel of the page.

http://www.after-death.com/

Back