SUSTAINING FUTURITY NOMINATIONS-AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha S

Reaction score
Our weanlings that were born in 2009, I was filling out the paperwork to sustain them as yearlings for 2010 for AMHR. They were nominated in 2008 and once I send in the form and money, do they send any paperwork back saying they are sustained? We are wanting to show them in some Futurity classes and one filly was sold and they are going to show her in Futurity, will I receive paperwork showing they are sustained to enter these classes. The trainer of the sold filly mentioned that he would need paperwork to enter her into Futurity classes. This is our first time doing futurity and I was wondering how all this works.Thanks a bunch!!

Yes, you will receive paperwork listing the horses that you sustained in the futurity.

Yes, you will receive paperwork listing the horses that you sustained in the futurity.
Thanks, I was not sure how it worked. Do you have to bring copies of the paperwork to all of your shows before entering the class to show proof?

I've been nominating AMHR and ASPC horses for about 10 years now, and have only received paperwork 2 of those years - and that was to tell me what my nominations were for the PREVIOUS year (I didn't get anything in 2009). I don't even get a receipt like you do when you have other work done (e.g. registration).

We have never needed any proof, even at Congress. But I pay by check. I take a copy of the sustaining/nomination forms and the canceled checks to shows just in case.

If you need something for a customer, and don't received anything from the office, I would suggest giving them a call and asking for a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have already received our letters pertaining to our sustaining horses for the year 2010. I just make a copy of this letter to keep in my show book and if questioned I have the paper at the shows.

If you have any questions on the futurities, Joe Schroeter at the AMHR office is very helpful.

Good Luck,

YES, I JUST GOT MINE BACK YESTERDAY. I'M READY FOR THE SHOW SEASON( IF IT EVER QUITS RAINING AND MUD DRIES UP). HOPE WE ALL HAVE A GOOD SHOW SEASON AND A SAFE ONE.

I know this will sound really stupid but here goes! isn't part of a futurity to nominate the horse? (sire,dam?/) Just wondering - their are some "futurities" out their that have nothing of the sort and it really didn't seem like a "futurity"! Just an open show with some classes labeled "futurity" just a little confusing!

Latest posts

Back