AMHR Futurity Judge and Judges Three-Year Rule

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacki

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just checked the on-line 2013 AMHR National Show Premium Book and see that the AMHR Futurity Judge is still listed as "TBA". Any word yet, has anyone heard who the judge is? Entries are due in a few days...

Also questioning the Three-Year Rule as I see an Amateur/Youth Judge who is judging this year who also judged Amateur/Youth in 2010. Do I not understand how the Three-Year Rule works or do I not remember correctly who the judges were in 2010?

Seems like this list always knows more than I do so I'm hoping one of you will have these answers! Thanks.

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

Yes, well, it seems there are issues over the hiring of this year's Futurity judge for Nationals. I won't say anything further here--other than I would hope that they will have it sorted out by show time!

Jackie you're not wrong, and to me that would be within the 3 year period, but maybe not in the office's mind? This is just another questionable thing in the rulebook that doesn't make it clear, and should have an example of what they see a three year period is.

So I checked the new Rule Book (page 13, 3. of National Show/Futurity section) and it reads "No Judge may judge the same division of the AMHR National Show for a three year period."

If Judge "Shirley Temple" judge Amateur/Youth in 2010 and is now judging Amateur/Youth in 2013 what type of math makes this okay. I've tried coming up with how they are interpreting it and I can't figure it out????

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

If she judged in 2010,2011,and 2012 that is the 3 yr period. 2013 is in the 4th year from 2010.Maybe that is how the are getting around it.Just my thoughts

Thats the way I'm wondering they are thinking as well. However it does not clearly state how they perceive the 3-year period, so IMO it can go either way. However, I have no issue with it, I don't see it being such a big deal. There are several judges within this grace period that are returning but judging different divisions, but obviously they cannot find too many judges cause either they don't want to do the task at hand or many of our judges wants to show at Nationals.

This is a grueling show, and many judges don't want to do it. Bevann is correct, this would be the 4th year (4th Nationals) so any judges that worked the 2010 show would be eligible to judge in 2013.

Back