Surgiceles and Gavesons for miniatures?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remington

Reaction score
I am looking for a place to get the lunging halters that would fit a mini and also a surgicele. (lol, I know I am not spelling these right, but you get the picture...
default_rolleyes.gif
: ).

Also...do they make mini sized foal feeders? The ones that the foal can get into but not the mare?

Thanks ahead for the help.

You're looking for a surcingle and cavesson. :bgrin

If you click on the Miniature Horse Breeders Connect link near the top of this page, you'll find a number of tack shops listed. Go to any of their websites and see if they carry them, or even look on the Auction page. I know I've seen surcingles on there for sure, but not so sure about the cavessons. You might even be able to find a mini foal feeder through these places.

Hope this helps!

Ozark Mountain mini tack has them (www.minitack.com) and so does Chimacum Tack Shack (www.horsedriver.com). Many places do. I just got mine for Christmas through Chimacum and they have many more things in their shop than are shown on the website. Just call and ask them.

I personally chose to skip the formal lunging cavesson as without the original historical iron piece in the nose I figured it doesn't teach them to give at all, nor would it likely stay in place against the kind of lateral pressure my pushy fellow puts on a line when lunging. :lol: I just bought an overly large cheap halter to put on over the bridle and will attach the lunge line to that.

Leia

I am looking for a place to get the lunging halters that would fit a mini and also a surgicele. (lol, I know I am not spelling these right, but you get the picture...
default_rolleyes.gif
: ).

Also...do they make mini sized foal feeders? The ones that the foal can get into but not the mare?

Thanks ahead for the help.
Found a very reasonable surcingle at www.horsecart.com/tack.html

Latest posts

Back