Surgery is scheduled....I'm asking for your prayers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity_Acres

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Just a quick update on my neck surgery. My surgery is scheduled for April 1st. I will be having the disc fusion rather than the disc replacement. The insurance companies like to fight paying for the "new" surgery. Besides, I have a friend who works as a workman's comp adjuster and he recommended NOT doing the replacement because it's so new. I'm very nervous. I keep second guessing my decision about having surgery. (But as I sit here in pain...I remember why I'm doing this!) I've ran out of options. [/SIZE]

I also see an ENT Dr. on the Tuesday, March 11th regarding an abnormality / mass in my throat, that they found on my MRI. I'll update ya'll once I get that report. I'm believing that God has this all under control and that he won't give me more than I can handle. I would really appreciate your prayers. I really need to be recovered by May in order to begin our petting farm ministry to the elderly. Our first event is May 12th. Please pray that my recovery will go well.

I just want to get back to doing the things I love!! I certainly miss being able to get online and read everyone's posts. I feel so out of the loop.

I know that a couple of people have had this type of surgery. Has anyone else had a disc fusion? You can PM or email me if you would like to share your positive experiences. (I've read one too many negatives!)

Thanks everyone!! I'll post next week with an update from the ENT.

May God bless ya'll!! - J9 (Janine)

Absolutely! You have my prayers and well wishes.

Jodi

I have never had the surgery, myself.. But I have three bad disks in my neck and two in my lower back.. So I know how much pain you are in. Just wanted to say I will be praying
default_pray.gif
for you and for a fast recovery!!! Please keep us posted

As for the mass in your throat, I went threw that scare the yr I had my daughter.. They went in and removed it, and the biospy showed that it was just adnoidal (sp) tissues.. So I pray that it is just that simple for you, too.. Take care of yourself..
default_wub.png

Janine, of course we will hold you up in prayer....... get some "you know what" to help with your recovery. Will be thinking of you on April 1.

Lyn

My husband had this surgery done on Nov 9th. He is a big baby about stuff like this and only had it done because the Dr. told him he would not be walking for more then 6 more months if he did not have it done.

He ended up having one metal brace screwed to the front of his spine instead of one front and back. He was only in the hospital over night and home home the next day!!!!! His biggest problem after surgery was that neck brace. It was rubbing on his beard so I had to shave it off as he lay flat in bed. Even though he had pain meds to take he was taking less after the surgery then he was before. He discontinued them within a few days.

He had been told he would have to wear the brace up to 6 week but he was told after surgery he could take it off if he was laying in bed. Even so he felt more comfortable sleeping in it the first few days. After 10 days he was told he could go with out it. He was allowed to go back to work after 6 weeks as long as he lifted NOTHING. after `10 weeks he was able to do whatever he wanted to do.

Four months later he is totally back to normal and very glad he had it done. He still has some numbness in his hand and feet and was told that may never go totally away but it could also keep improving for up to 5 years. At least he can now button his shirt with out any problems.

I had a anterior lumbar fusion(they go thru the front in the lower part of the stomach) move stuff out of the way remove the bad disc and put titanium screws and graft in. That was in 2003-was doing great until the car accident now I fall some but you should do well Grasshopper!

There are always those "good and bad" stories out there, but sounds like you've run out of options. I know people who have had these type of surgeries and are doing quite well. Stay postitive and really listen to your doctor. Dont do ANYTHING you are not suppose to, I think thats the most important thing. You have to heal completely before you start to get back to normal..

GOOD LUCK

Linda K

Janine, I will be thinking about you and hoping and praying it all goes well.

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery. Sending prayers that all will go well and you'll be feeling better than you have in a long time, by May 12!
default_biggrin.png

Sending prayers and (((HUGS))) to you.

You will get thru it fine...

Listen to your doctors about your recovery...

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))

Back