Sunbathing, sitting like a dog :-)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
Have you ever seen anything like this?? Timber just sat there soaking up the sun for a good 2-3 minutes, taking deep breaths so much as to say, " I love mornings like this!"

2012-03-11_08-37-54_398.jpg

2012-03-11_08-38-15_773.jpg

Strange-- never seen a horse sit like that before, but very cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have, the lady I got my first miniature from had a colt that used to do the same thing in the sun. It is adorable.

207224_5506571125_705471125_162140_4262_a1.jpg

I actually have, the lady I got my first miniature from had a colt that used to do the same thing in the sun. It is adorable.
Well, would you look at that!!! Must be in the bloodlines somewhere. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing!!!! So Cute :)

It must be. lol Strange to find 2 that do the same. I agree it is VERY cute!!!!

Well, TImber is a character anyway and makes me laugh every day. He has the most lovable personality and is constantly doing new things to make me smile
default_yes.gif

Oh, I love that photo. Looks as though Timber is meditating. What fun to see him sitting and enjoying the view.
default_yes.gif

That is very cute. I have only seen my mare Slaney do it when she is close to foaling and she is pushing her butt on the ground.

Hehe, Cute! Sometimes they do that when they are scratching their bum. My sr herdsire Joe will lay down to eat grass and get up on his haunches to rotate to a fresher patch, lay back down and then do the same.

Haha I love it! Timber lays down to eat too and when I taught him to lay down on command, the very first time he got all the way down he was like "Hey! The grass is closer!" hahaha...I just love these little horses.

The only time I have ever seen one of mine sitting like a dog was when she was starting to colic or had a belly ache.

Sitting like a dog is my English Shetlands favorite trick :p He can sit like that for a long time and it looks like he is so proud for what he can do :D

Back