Strips that test for pregnancy...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
I am wondering about the quickest way to know if a mare is in foal. There is no Vet around who has an ultrasound that is small enough for minis, and a freind wants to know ASAP, as a sale is pending.

How soon can you use the strips??

I am not trying to hijack this thread but, can you give me a link or a name of a place to order the PG tests? Thanks, Peg
Sorry, but my computer crashed last week and I lost all my links. I know Littlesteppers sells the Pregnamare and if you will type any of them into a google search, it should bring up some links.

My intent here is NOT to upset anyone who regularly uses the test strips or sells them, but all my vets have stopped using them as they say they are just too unreliable.

I have my mares' tested by a blood test that is proven accurate 99.9% of the time, but it can only be done 60 days into expected pregnancy. Ultrasound isn't available here, so I have to rely on this test, and so far it's proven accurate.

I have my mares' tested by a blood test that is proven accurate 99.9% of the time, but it can only be done 60 days into expected pregnancy.
I have always had the blood testing done, but our vet goes 90 days minimum. What is your vet checking for after only 60 days, I wonder why the difference?

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back