STOLEN IN ILLINOIS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Have you seen this mare? She is a 30" solid mare who is missing

from her pasture. A suspicious car was seen parked by the pasture

gate the night before she was went missing. She is in full winter hair

coat. Gypsy is gentle enough for anyone to have been able to catch

her and load her up. There was a snow storm so

it is very possible that this was the work of an individual who did not

live too far away from that area.

Gypsy belongs to Cathyjo of Amazing Sonrise in Glasford Illinois.

The local authorities have been notified as well as other ads have

been placed for her but so far there has been no reponse. Please

pass the word especially to anyone you may know in Illinois.

If you have any information or leads at all please contact Cathyjo

at [email protected] or Chances Miniature Horse Rescue asap.

CathysGypsy.jpg

horrible...

Whatever happened with the other mare that was stolen?

oh my gosh. Poor Cathy!!! Cathy Im sending prayers you find her asap!

Kay

I actually ran out to check on my own minis.
default_no.gif
I am so sorry Cathyjo. I will keep an eye on the local papers for what it's worth. I hope she's home soon!

I have relatives in Illinois. I just sent this to them to pass around..

I am so sorry and sad for you Cathy- I hope she is found...

Thank you all for your cncern and encouragement. It has been a week now - everyone in town has been looking for her and I've notified area sale barns - I've been told to contact the Indiana sale barn as they have their usual sell coming up. We have blocked off our front pasture - Mike will remove that gate this spring and even then, the girls won't get to go there unless I am home. It is right by the house - but out of sight of the neighbors because of big pine trees on the other side. This is Boones first farmstead that they had when Buckeroo made it big - and there has been minis here forever. Up and down the lane are all Boone's family - they have been helping us look but to no avail. We have covered this 17 acres over and over even down in the big ravines - but no fences are down and she just isn't there. I hope whoever has her appreciates the little jewel they have - she is such a sweetheart.

Oh my gosh Cathy Jo!! I sure hope and pray your little mare is returned or finds her way back to you.
default_pray.gif

OMGosh Cathy! I'm SO sorry!
default_no.gif
If you don't mind telling, was she in one of the paddocks between your barn and the street or was she in the larger back pasture where most the mares are? Did your dogs bark unusually that night she disappeared? This is everyone's worst nightmare! I'm praying for you and your mare.

Hugs!

oh, how awful! I am praying for a speedy and safe return.

Robin

OMG, how terrible, I hope they find her soon. Has anyone heard about the other little one that was posted a while ago?

I cant believe a person would go as low as stealing a horse! Tats so awful!!
default_no.gif

My thoughts and prayers for her safe return are w/ you too.

That's horrible!
default_new_shocked.gif
Hoping and praying that she is found and returned safely to you!

This is so sad. I know what the owner is going through. Years ago I had 3 big horses stolen. The pasture backed to an open area and the people that took the horses pulled the fence out with a pickup truck then loaded them in a trailer and away they went. How we got them back was the people that took the horses could not keep their mouths shut about what they did. Our horses were only gone a little over 24 hours. I would talk to as many people as I could in your town and sometimes a smaller local TV station might be willing to do a story on the missing horse. To me it would be worth a try. The worst your local stations can do is say no.

I wish I had known this last Monday.

Kalona has a horse auction the first Monday of every month and typicaly there are A LOT of ponies and minis. I rarely go but I would have been there ALL day to check for her had I known. There are a lot of vehicles from IL, and MO at every auction.

Perhaps the auction managers/workers may have seen her and can find out where she went, if she was there at all.

I do hope you find her soon.

Peggy

Latest posts

Back