Statement I never thought I would make

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Duckie and Koda's older sister Patches is coming home. She is 14yo and was Jasmine's 2nd foal. Unlike Koda and Duckie she is only like 33 3/4" tall. Just like them however built to drive. At this moment I don't know when we will pick her up due to the weather conditions here, Snow all over the area right now. She is a bay pinto with a sabino hind leg. I'm so excited to look out the window and see her standing in her proper place between her Dam and Aunt where she used to stand. I still clearly remember the day she was born and that white hoof popped out. We were so excited because we knew we had a pinto from our solid black mare and her sire JPF Jimmy Dolittle.

This was taken of her when we went to visit her a couple years after she was sold. My daughter is so excited to have her coming home. She always loved this girl.

VICKYPATCHES.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww..........She's very pretty. I'm happy for her, you, your daughter.
default_wub.png

I'm so happy for you and your daughter. She looks like a very sweet, little mare.
default_biggrin.png

Thank you everyone.

I have already warned Dorothy that in the future she will need to be trained to drive. She has produced a couple foals previously but those days are over for her. No reason she can't be a pleasure driving horse and maybe do some parades. I'm hoping to get her home by the middle of March.

I can only imagine what her Mom will be thinking when she sees her. Geez you raise them, move them out to support themselves and they find their way back home. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

I promise to take pictures when she gets home.

Congratulations!

It feels good to bring one "home"; you no longer feel the need to wonder or to worry about them and where they are. I have bought back several horses over the years. I have one now (a "big" horse, a Half-Arabian mare) that I bred and I regretted selling her as soon as the trailer pulled off of the farm. I had been keeping tabs on her and her whereabouts since she left and I jumped at the chance to buy her back when I got it. She's here to stay!

Latest posts

Back