Big Decisions are hard to make

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Get ready CDE World here comes The Duck!
default_biggrin.png

Anyone who really knows me would understand it wasn't an easy decision for me to make to sell one of my furkids. But necessity called.

This summer I got silly and bred Duckie's Dam one time. Well she hasn't showed any further signs of heat. None, nadda and this mare shows big time usually. So I had to make room.

I contacted a friend and said I've decided to sell The Duck. After all the training she went thru this last Spring and how great she did I still figured it would take quite awhile to sell her.

Nope sold her within 1/2 hour. Duckie is going to the best home I could hope for. She will have friends and be driven by a very skilled handler and shown to her full potential. I wouldn't be able to do that.

Get ready CDE World here comes The Duck!

My daughter is enjoying driving Ariel and will do more parades with her. I love driving my Jimmy Dolittle and trust him with my life. We will now be getting Koda trained to drive. He is a little powerhouse so should be great driving him. Personality like Jimmy's so will be fun to just drive him around. My daughter and I will get him in saddle and learning to carry small children for Bday parties so he can share the work with Ariel. Hopefully he will be able to do parades also in the future.

Just to explain. Koda lives with Jimmy and they share a barn so they are happy. Everybody needs a friend and Jimmy has his. They never fight and life is good for them. On other side of fence are Jasmine, Ariel and The Duck. So there will still be the two mares left to be friends and share their barn. They are also full sisters been together all their lives. Life is good for them. They need each other.

So next year I will be joining those on Mare Stare. I will have my daughter and son-in-law to help me with it right here at home.
default_aktion033.gif

:ThumbUpWishing everyone a great Nationals in Tulsa and World Show down in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this post with mixed emotions. I have so enjoyed reading your updates on "The Duck" that it is going to be sad not to follow your adventures with her. On the other hand, HUGE congratulations are in order for finding her such a great home. It sounds like you are very pleased with where she is going. I look forward to foaling season to hear about your journey with the new arrival. Best wishes to you and thanks for sharing The Duck with us over the year!

Thank you very much. I will be able to share Koda's progress in training in the future.

Because I was told it is ok to share anything I want about Duckie's new home you might in the future offer contgrats to none other than.

Big Drum Roll Here

Ron and Dorothy Whiteman.
default_new_multi.gif
They are the proud new owners of The Duck. Very excited new owners I might add. Needless to say you all know who is going to train Koda Right!

Shortpig said:
Thank you very much. I will be able to share Koda's progress in training in the future.
Because I was told it is ok to share anything I want about Duckie's new home you might in the future offer contgrats to none other than.

Big Drum Roll Here

Ron and Dorothy Whiteman.
default_new_multi.gif
They are the proud new owners of The Duck. Very excited new owners I might add.
Heh, I thought maybe so! Congratulations to the Whiteman's on a lovely new horse. I'll look forward to meeting her at the CDE's next year.

Leia

hahaha...welcome back, Duckie!I guess they needed to fill the void left by Jazz. Cool!!

I do hope that Dorothy and Ron have been forewarned about Duckie's proclivity for slimy apple kisses...

I can't imagine a better home for Duckie, and the Whitemans are getting such a love bug of a horse (as they already know). I'll miss seeing Duckie close to home, but I look forward to seeing her at future driving events.

...BTW...since Jasmine's having a baby, does this mean Ariel will have another Poof?

Wow, that WAS a hard one to make! But you'll get to be a proud mommy watching her do her stuff on big levels! Congrats to all!

hahaha...welcome back, Duckie!I guess they needed to fill the void left by Jazz. Cool!!
Yep imagine that and The Duck returns.

I do hope that Dorothy and Ron have been forewarned about Duckie's proclivity for slimy apple kisses...

I can't imagine a better home for Duckie, and the Whitemans are getting such a love bug of a horse (as they already know). I'll miss seeing Duckie close to home, but I look forward to seeing her at future driving events.

...BTW...since Jasmine's having a baby, does this mean Ariel will have another Poof?
Gee thanks Susanne I could have gone all year with out thinking about that possibility, but you can have that foal

Wow, that WAS a hard one to make! But you'll get to be a proud mommy watching her do her stuff on big levels! Congrats to all!
Thanks and Yes it was a hard decision but I don't want more than I have room for or can take care of.

Hey Marie, Should I should panic Keith by telling him you're giving me Ariel's foal, Poof? I'm not sure he's aware of her "vapor" pregnancies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a win-win situation when you know they are going to fabulous homes. Duckie will be amazing of course and anxious to here how it goes with Kody. He's a super good horse.

Its a win-win situation when you know they are going to fabulous homes. Duckie will be amazing of course and anxious to here how it goes with Kody. He's a super good horse.
Thanks Marty. Yes the fact that shes going to such a fabulous home makes it so much easier for me. Plus I get to follow her progress and go visit her.

I hope Koda will do as well in training as Duckie did. He should considering how well his family has done to date. I just think he will look so cute in parades. He even as a gelding has that look at me attitude. He also has an amazing gentle side to him that I just love.

Time will tell and he will probably be a great big brother to whatever Jasmine produces. I can see him now watching over the little one like Jimmy watches over him.

Congrats to the Whitemans and Duckie!!!! Glad to hear that she has a wonderful new family! And they will have a lot of fun!

Latest posts

Back