I'm amazed and blessed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I have one mare who is due this next month. She is 19yo as is my stallion Jimmy. Calm and sweet Jimmy. My other mare is now 18yo. So I started feeding alfalfa pellets for the milk production. Next I thought to give some to the other two. Not much just a little a day along with their other feed. It has been so cold and wet they have spent a lot of the spring still locked up or short periods out while I clean. So last night there was a break in the rain. I decided to let them out to stretch their legs. First I set the two mares free and OMG! They were running, bucking standing on their hind legs and then strutting their stuff. I sat and watched them for a bit then walked over and opened Jimmy's barn door. He took a flying leap out the door running for all he was worth. Leaped into the air and was pawing the air. Then he arched his neck and showed those girls he is still the mighty stallion. He too was then running and bucking. What an awesome sight this was to watch. I will say my heart goes out to that foal not yet born. That baby got bounced around yesterday and I'm just glad it is in a safe place. I just sat down and watched and I'm certain I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. They are all ready for a little warmer and much dryer weather.

Koda comes home tomorrow. I hope he is ready because I suspect Dad is going to want to play, A Lot! Koda is only 6yo but I believe Jimmy is going to give him a run for his money when he gets home. Today they will get to be in or out their choice. Maybe by tonight they will run off some of this energy they have built up. Maybe not. Either way I will enjoy watching them when they get their first glimpse of Koda tomorrow. All will be well again in their world.

It's amazing how just seeing them burn off energy puts things in perspective and we realize just how lucky we are.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back