Star is home Today Sat. joint illness filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

Everyone Star came home from the hospital today (sat.). :aktion033: :risa8: :new_multi: :488: :cheeky-smiley-006: She has been in the hospital twice for joint illness. The first visit she had it in her shoulder. She was flushed and iv's meds. About a week later she starting having problmes again. We took her back to the hospital on Monday this past week. The vet taded her joints, she had infection in her shoulder again and her knee area. The vet send the stuff to culture. The vet had to flush both joints.The vet had her on very strong meds. The good news is she is home today. We are hoping we are on our way to recovery now. The vet said to watch her closely for any changes.The little filly had us so worried about her. I would like to thank all those who prayed for her. Thank you all for being great friends during time of need. I are so thank the Lord has safed our star. Star is well paid for now. We are planning on keeping her for the girls now.

The vet techs shaved her so she whould not be so HOT. The vet techs didn't do a great shaving job, but that is okay.The vets told her they would shave her while she was under, the vet techs don't do shaving in their daily jobs. I would also like to thank for the folks at the hospital for all their great care for her. They told us they would miss her. We are just so happy she is home. We would like for you all to keep her in your prayers for recovery.These photos are just so show is is home, they are not the best ones.

DSC01480-3.jpg

DSC01475-2.jpg

DSC01476-2.jpg

DSC01496-2.jpg

DSC01478-2.jpg

DSC01479-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SOoooo glad to hear it!!! She looks like she is getting around really well! Congrats!

thanks everyone,

Star has a special place in our hearts. She is so sweet even after all she has been through.

There is nothing like the "Peace" that comes over you once you know everything is going to be alright! I am happy for you, she looks great!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

thanks we are so glad to have star home. we are praying she does well for now on.
default_wub.png
:

You all are great. Thanks so much for all your prayers. Star is also happy to be home. When we got her sat morning. She jump into the trailer, she was really to come home. Star said she has had enough of needles for a life time(haha). We are praying she stays well this time.
default_smile.png

Back