Stallions of yesteryear..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this topic
default_yes.gif

It feels so weird to think that in 40 or 60 years from now people will be looking back at the stallion of today as 'historical'.

Tami i would love to see that photo, that gives me goosebumps ready that!
default_aktion033.gif

for AnnaC.. we have a Boogerman son and on his papers it says Boogermans dam was unknown so maybe thats why you can't find anything on her..

Last edited by a moderator:
What I wouldn't do to be able to go back in time and meet even one of these great stallions...but I can't complain as I do show with some amazing horses.

I too was brought back to those wonderful times reading your post, Bonnie. I recall seeing some of the famous ones showing. These days it still suprises me when a new owner will say they got a get or grandget of this or that famous horse to realize I had seen the horse they mentioned in it's show days
default_smile.png

Thanks for bringing back those wonderful memories and Horray to remember those all important mares as well
default_smile.png

Tammie

Thanks for a great post.

I would like to add two of the great stallions that I had the pleasure of "knowing".

BOND SNIPPET - fell in love with him at the Dallas Stock Show in 1986 where he was shown masterfully by Kay Pate

ARC LOLLIPOP - a fabulous driving horse in his day and sire of some great offspring. ARKY passed away in the spring of 2007, within a month of his owner and best friend Joe Jeter.

I also need to add on one of the great mares of yesteryear, LAZY N'S ROWDY'S GINGER, (Sunshine), whom I have the honor of seeing every day in my own back yard since her retirement in 2002 after her final gift to the miniature horse breed of First Knight's Lord of the Ring.

Also, thanks to Pat Elder who has done an amazing job of telling the stories of these and many great horses of the mini breed in her books.

Hello Strider's Mom wow are you going to be a wealth of info for this board..
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for answering my question Relic. A friend pm'd me to tell me that both Boogerman's and Rowdy's dams are 'unknown' but thought to be early Shetlands. So we will have to be satisfied with that. My point was that for these two great horses - and I expect several others with dams marked 'unknown' - to have the looks and conformation they had, their dams must have been pretty good!!

Anna

I am like everyone else. I would have loved to see these greats in their prime.

What great memories to have.

I get to see Boogerman about once a year now. He looks amazing to this day even being over 20 yrs old.

And he still has all his spirit that I heard he had in those days.

How could I forget, I think my brain is leaving me.......lol. We have the Midwest Horse Fair here in Madison WI. This year will be the 29th and I have been to them all. That is where I fell in LOVE with miniature horses. Back in the early 80's, I had seen this stunning buckskin stallion and that is just what I wanted when I got a mini. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I am guessing he was a 2 or 3 year old. He just floored me. To me he was the prettiest horse I had ever seen, big or small. I talked to his owner and told him I was in LOVE. I took a photo of him from behind to show his beautiful long tail. I still have that somewhere. Oh to know then what I know now. The owner was Lowell Boone and that mini that I could not take my eye's off of was Boone's Little Buckeroo. To this day, thinking back to that day still gives me goosebumps.

You should dig that photo up, Tami. There are many of us who would love to see it.

MA

I am working on it. Being a little crazy with a camera, I have boxes of photos....lol. But I swear I scanned it in to one of my computers............have a few of those too......lol.

Wonderful to hear your memories of these great horses, a few I've seen but most just in pictures and in their descendants.

ARC LOLLIPOP - a fabulous driving horse in his day and sire of some great offspring. ARKY passed away in the spring of 2007, within a month of his owner and best friend Joe Jeter
I would love to see a picture of this horse - he is Affirmed Royalty's maternal grandsire, and one I don't know much about.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, I wish I had been thinking when I attended the NFC dispersal in Oklahoma City years ago. So many great stallions going through that I got to see in person and no camera!!! :DOH!

But I have been blessed to have seen some of the greats and for that, I will be forever greatful!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back