stallion not permanant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racingfan72104

Reaction score
I bought a mini/shetland cross filly that is 2 years old. Stunning to look at and has a very nice over all look about her. but her sire was never brought permanant and her dam is a shetland so I am stuck with a very nice show quality filly but can not get papers on. The only way i can register her is as a National show pony. Since hardshipping is closed i will never be able to show her any other way. SHe is 34" very arab looking.

Is there any way you could pay to have the stallion brought permanent? Maybe it is the money holding the people back. Might be worth it to you? Then she could be registered.

I am willing to pay for his permanant papers but i can't find who owns him now so i can get pictures made to send in

Just to clarify--how are the parents registered? Sire is Mini, obviously, since you say he hasn't been brought permanent. Is he also Shetland registered? The dam is Shetland, but is she also Mini?

In reading your post I took it that the sire was Mini only, while the dam is Shetland only but maybe I misunderstood.

Can you clarify what papers each parent holds? Even if one of them has not been brought permanent in that registry?

You may be able to track down the stallion's owners, bring him permanent, and go from there? Most horse owners tend to be willing to help people out in your situation.......which isn't that uncommon..... It's just knowing a horse's registered name and what registry to work with!

Latest posts

Back