Stable matting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helicopter

Reaction score
Love reading the topic on the dream barn and several people mentioned rubber matting. I'm wondering what sort of matting people use.

Is it permanent or does it need to be removed often for cleaning under? Does it have to holes in it? Is it the same matting in the stalls as in the walkway?

Someone mentioned spray on rubber.

I know this is sounding ridiculous.
default_wacko.png
Please just tell me about your rubber matting.
default_rolleyes.gif

The bigger the mats the better... Ideally one that covers the whole stall the better. If they have holes or don't fit snug you may have to clean under them which is dreadful.

I love the ComfortStall style, expensive but they do hold up. We have one in the barn I board that is ten years old, I suspect with minis they'd last forever.

I don't know about the spray in rubber, not sure the point.

I have 3/4" thick 4'x6' solid rubber mats from tractor supply. They are normally $40 but every black friday they seem to go on sale for $25.

I have mine over a stall base of 2B gravel. They are very, very heavy, and the minis cant shift them around or kick them up. Most people pull them out once a year and hose out the gravel under them. I clean my stalls twice daily usually, and use pelleted bedding, so I'll worry about cleaning under them when I get odors. As of right now Ive had them about 6 months, and no issues.

The spray-on rubber that I mentioned is NOT for cushion, but to give traction on a cement floor and to at least reduce the chance of slipping. May not be cost-effective, but since we were discussing dream barns...

Latest posts

Back