Spring Fiesta 2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minidude

Reaction score
Has anyone been in past years or is anyone going to this year's Spring Fiesta 2006 as advertised in the 'sale board'? Advertised as being a really nice 3 day AMHA show in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Am interested and would be curious to hear comments of those who have been or will be going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went last year. It was a great show and lots of fun. Big and very competetive classes. Would go again this year but our club show is the same weekend.

default_smile.png

We used to go until they made 3 days, so now we go to Wichita Ks, instead its 2 days less time off from work and one day less motel. So didnt go last year but its a good show and alot of fun.

I've gone in the past. It's one of our only 2 local shows.

It is a pretty affordable way to attend a 4 judge show. There are a lot of "pros" that show up so the competition is pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone to the show for at least the last six years =)....The amateur and youth classes at the show are usually really big. One of the local club members tied for first on the Honor Roll in Amateur Senior Stallions just from going to the Fiesta Show.

All of the youth and most of the amateur classes are on the weekend. Also it looks like there are quite a NM people that are going to try the novice classes.

It's a fun show! Hope to see you there.

I used to go to the Spring Fiesta show when I lived in AZ. We always had a great time there and I remember it being a very affordable way to qualify. Two other excellent Southwest shows to look into attending would be the "Touch of Class" in Scottsdale, AZ (already over) and the two shows held back to back in Estes Park, CO...
default_yes.gif
:

I used to go to the Spring Fiesta show when I lived in AZ. We always had a great time there and I remember it being a very affordable way to qualify. Two other excellent Southwest shows to look into attending would be the "Touch of Class" in Scottsdale, AZ (already over) and the two shows held back to back in Estes Park, CO...
default_yes.gif
:

Ive been to the Estes Show 3 times, and its sad to report, but the number of exhibitors has lowered quite a lot. Last year there were 4 people total - including me - in the youth classes.

Ive been to the Spring Fiesta and its a fun show! We havent been in a couple of years but I would like to go again some day. However thanks MiniNik on the nice compliment on Estes! The show has been going on for 20+ years and we all work very hard to make it the best show we can. We owe many thanks to all the people who have supported it over the years (especially Ed and Val of Blue Ribbon, Tim Pearson, Tuffy Acton, Southwick Training, Ray Zoercher, Casey Campbell, Polly Weisburg and of course all of the wonderful RMMHC members.) The show has many great circuit awards as well and amazing competition and quality of horses, 2 shows, 8 judges, ammy supremes and of course its in beautiful Estes Park! Anyways Im babling but the youth classes might of been a bit small (they are just about everywhere in the central region...its like pulling teeth to get those big pointed classes sure wish I could go out west a few times) but the show is still wonderful and a blast.

Anyways sorry to get off topic hope everyone who goes to New Mexico has a great time.

Bre

"However thanks MiniNik on the nice compliment on Estes!"

Hey, no problem! It's a BEAUTIFUL place and a FUN show.
default_yes.gif
: What more can I say? I still tote my Estes Hi-Point Ammy award around from... 2002? LOL
default_wink.png
:

Feather -- Sorry to hear that the Youth numbers are down, but don't give up on them, keep showing (try some Open classes, too) and keep trying to bring new kids in!
default_yes.gif
:

Just so no one thinks differently...

I would just like to say that I do LOVE the Estes park show. Its honestly my favorite show. I will try and make at least one of them this year, but due to my knee I dont know if that will be possible.

I just wish that we could get more kids, but its also true that in the central region, there arent many kids.

Therefore I encourage EVERYONE to come.
default_yes.gif
:

Anyone who thinks there aren't any youth in the central region hasn't been attending the fiesta show!

With the $45 youth flat fee most youth show in almost all the youth classes open to them. There is a high point award for 12 & under, and another for the 13-18 crowd. Also for the past few years every youth that shows gets called into the arena on the second day to get some nice participation prizes.

What I really like about the Fiesta is the indoor arena. The outdoor practice arena is nice too - we get the fairgrounds to work the footing on both for minis.

Back