Spirit of the horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse-Cow-Gal

Reaction score
Hello All,

I know there are some demonstrations at the Royal for miniatures....can you tell me the dates and times? I tried the website but was not able to access the specific Spirit of the Horse program for demonstrations.

Thanks so much!

PS

Love the Royal... miss my days showing there..... cows that is!

Hey!

Um there is demonstration every day I belive thorught out the week. member "evedex" knows the most as she is bringing her horses down I believe for the whole week. Ill be showing my miniature horse Wee Man in the Dog/Mini relay int he main coleseum!!! I think i might Die I am SO Excited! wooohooo. You will have to take look at that hehe. Its on the last Sunday of the royal and is the opening show for the Iams Dog show on that day. :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure, but would LOVE to go to the Royal to watch the Dairy Cattle competitions...........it is HUGE

Hi Lisa. The Miniature Horse Club of Ontario will be having a booth at the Royal for the first few days (Nov. 3-7, if I remember correctly) and will be participating in the demos twice a day. I just found out earlier today about the minis and the Super Dogs, and it'll be Sandy's 4-H kids doing that, as Devon just mentioned. Eve will be telling us more about it at the meeting on Sunday, but if you can't make it, just email her at [email protected] .

Devon! You and the other kids are sooooo lucky to be performing in the Coliseum! That has been a life-long dream of mine, which still hasn't come true, by the way. I'm sorry I'll be missing it (I'll just be coming home from Convention that day), but I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

Thanks!

Let me know when you have more information! The relay with the dogs and horses should be a blast!

Lisa

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thanks!

Actually Eve and company will be there for the first few days and Debbie Scriven and myself will be there for the last couple days of our week of demonstrations and displays for the MHCO (Miniature Horse Club of Ontario). There will be thousands of people coming through meeting and learning about Miniature Horses - can't wait!

You and the 4H group will have a blast I am sure Devon! Minis are going to be mans next best friend! :bgrin

Hey All

Had to share this.

When I was really little I wanted to start riding. So...after moving from downtown Toronto to Thornhill I started taking lessons at the Eglinton Equestrian Club. I got a great start there in Pony Club and it really provided a good solid foundation for me. Anyhoo, before I started riding I told people that one day I would ride at the Royal and win. Well...about eight years after saying that I won the Junior Hunter Hack at the Royal with my first horse, Descente. It was and is one of my proudest moments. Here's a pic:
RAWF.jpg

I'm going to the Royal this year to watch the six bar challenge and the musical freestyle dressage on Nov. 9th. Anyone else going that night?

Hey Matt! How long ago did you ride at Eglinton?? Who was your instructor? I took lessons there for a short time many years ago.... early 80's maybe? Can't even remember. Congrats on your win at the Royal!! I'm sure it would take something huge to top that moment!!!

Judy,

I started riding there about 1985 or 86. My first instrustor was Kenneth Hodges. Then Linda Shanks. Then Andrew Dalnoki. Then I started riding with Lisa Carlsen.

Who was/were yours?

By the way, don't know if you remember specific horses or not but I was on EMG and someone said that Lambchops and Tootsie had died. I couldn't believe they were still alive. Lambchops was the cutest little school pony; she taught many kiddies how to ride. She was retired to a great farm and died there.

My instructor was Dezso Hary. He was the husband of a friend of my mom's, and I knew him by his Hungarian nickname, not so much his proper first name so I hope I have it right. I don't remember any of the horses.

I do vaguely remember a Dezso Hary. He was there for a long time just before I started there I think. I believe he was a renowned rider/instructor.

Hi Lisa!

If your going for a day...I can guarentee that you wont miss a demo if you are wanting to see a certain one. They have schedules up all over the place. and have 2 demos a day (like the others mentioned). Sometimes they run behind...so you can always stop by the MHCO booth and ask...they'll know when they are about to go in. What day are you going?? I'll be going a couple days....so hope to see you there? I love the royal! I hope they get minis showing there eventually..the shetlands are a big hit there :aktion033:

-Kris

Hi Lisa!

If your going for a day...I can guarentee that you wont miss a demo if you are wanting to see a certain one. They have schedules up all over the place. and have 2 demos a day (like the others mentioned). Sometimes they run behind...so you can always stop by the MHCO booth and ask...they'll know when they are about to go in. What day are you going?? I'll be going a couple days....so hope to see you there? I love the royal! I hope they get minis showing there eventually..the shetlands are a big hit there :aktion033:

-Kris
I have been looking at the schedule and I am trying to figure out what I want to see. I LOVE dressage and of course show jumping... not sure what day to go yet.

Hope to see some of you there!

As has been stated, the Miniature Horse Club of Ontario will be at a booth at the Spirit of the Horse from the first day through Tuesday (3rd trhu 7th). The booth with the horses in their stalls are manned from 9 am until around 6:30-7ish each day and there are 3 sets of breed demonstrations in the Spirit of the Horse ring each day. The times for each show are approximately 9 am/noon/4pm with the rotation of order different each day. If you want to see a particular breed in the ring, stop by that horse's booth and ask what times they will be demonstrating that day.

As has been stated, I'll be there with OBF Leisure Suit Larry for the first few days (starting with the Minis being especially invited to the press breakfast the day before the show starts) and then Lori's Havenwest Little Rock will be there Monday and Tuesday.

Come on by and say "Hi" and if you can be at the Royal on the 12th, PLEASE cheer for our 4H kids and their horses on as they compete for fun in the main ring!

Hey!

Um there is demonstration every day I belive thorught out the week. member "evedex" knows the most as she is bringing her horses down I believe for the whole week. Ill be showing my miniature horse Wee Man in the Dog/Mini relay int he main coleseum!!! I think i might Die I am SO Excited! wooohooo. You will have to take look at that hehe. Its on the last Sunday of the royal and is the opening show for the Iams Dog show on that day. :bgrin

The dog/mini relay sounds like great fun! what exactly does it entail????

Latest posts

Back