Spent today with a fellow mini-lover

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
Today i got to spend a couple hours over with leeana and her mini's. I just got home and had to post about this expirence. I had to leave around 1:30 though because i must work tonight and wanted to get my son over to his dads house.

Let me just start off by saying that i have never seen a bond between animal and human like this girl has with these horses. Just walking into her barn and watching how she interacted with them just brought a tear to my eye almost (i am an emotional lady). I have never seen anything like it, you can feel it. Them horses are just head over heels in love with her.

I read some posts on here that leeana had started and was rather upset by how some jumped to a conclusion that she didnt know anything about minis. I was rather hurt by that myself. They are some of the most beautiful horses i have ever seen, wonderful manners to. I could tell she put allot of work into them. Even her paint foal had super manners already. Her father was a gentleman as well, but what a sweet girl she is.

We went through and worked with all her ponies and i didnt see much that they all needed work on, they all had there little things that needed to be touched up but nothing that bad. I gave her a list of different feeds that she could start her Paint filly on and which would be good for her mare when she gets ready to foal, i also brought a book on foaling which i no longer need so i thought it would be good for her to read a little. We mostly worked with her little Coco on showing tips and training. She is a natural with this stuff and picked up on it easy. Smart girl and she knows her horse stuff. If i was to die today and have to come back tommarow, i would want to come back as that little Coco. They are all so pampered and well behaved. Only one i noticed that had a little bit of a problem was her Black mini, Rocky who had a problem with nipping which i gave her some tips that would take care of that.

They all were healthy and all had a heart warming story behind them. I think that people like leeana are a blessing to the horse world, just like many others on here. i know that even i, myself, can sometimes get caught up in the mini's and want only the 'best' i can get but she is not like that. She really knows what she is talking about and im sad to say that i wish that i had a bond with my horses like that. I get to caught up in work and other things and do forget to just take them for a walk and give them a hug and kiss. This was a real eye opener and hopefully i can get to where Leeana is with her horses emotionally.

It was just a great day, i always love to meet other mini owners. This girl really does have a gift with horses and it shows. For someone who has been around mini's for only about a year, she is making wonderful progress.

Hopefully i will get to meet other mini owners around this area as well.

Katie

hi katie

i posted on the other thread but ill post here too. glad you guys had such a great day. I have been trying to meet leeanna but no luck yet. Hopefully well get to meet soon. What town do you live in?? We would love to visit some time as we like to tour all the ohio farms.

kay

We live just a little southwest of Tiffin OH. It was only about 45 minutes from my house to her's. Our barn is about 25 miles north of here, we board all our mini's at a local stable untill spring when we bring a couple here that are in training. All foals stay here at the house as well untill they are a yearling and mares when they are about 3 weeks from foaling. We currently have 2 foals here only which are weaned so there dam's are back at the stable.

I would love to meat you Kaykay.

I remember Leeana saying something about you coming out sometime this spring hopefully. She is really excited and you will have fun, its a hoot there.

Kate

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy you had fun kate!

God knows i did ..i learned allot today!

I am going to start Lexus on that one feed with extra protein and amino acids (the one in the red bag). I know that they have that one at TSC and am going to head over there this weekend and pick up a couple bags for the winter. I will change her over to the other one you suggested when she is a yearling.

Also the halter looks nice on Coco, thank you! I will send you some picture's of him in it soon.

You and KayKay should spend some time together, you both know a pretty good amount about mini's and i think you two would have fun.

Thank you agian, so much.

Leeana

no.gif
rolleyes.gif

That is soooo amazing to read.

It would be fun, Wolf, to meet you and Leeana! You are only about 2 1/2 hours away from us (Kay and I)! That's not far! We should see about some day in January or February since nothing goes on in those months. You will have to give us your phone number so we can set something up!

Fran

[SIZE=14pt]Wow Leeana, you must have really impressed Katie! She sure had some wonderful things to say!!! Guess we were way off base with you. Glad you have such a nice support system.You must be home schooled to be off all day on a tuesday. What a treat.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
lyn_j Posted Today, 04:57 PM   Wow Leeana, you must have really impressed Katie! She sure had some wonderful things to say!!! Guess we were way off base with you. Glad you have such a nice support system.You must be home schooled to be off all day on a tuesday. What a treat.

Lyn
No, im not home schooled. I went to school for first period and half of second period. I've only missed 1 day of school this year and today was the day Katie said that she didnt have to work untill 7pm, so my parents were understanding and allowed me to take the day off for this.

I was doing a bit of stuff wrong, i wasnt sure how to handle Rocky's nipping. I tried a couple different methods with him so far but it hasnt worked to well. She gave me some idea's that sound good. Also i found out that when i lead, i hold the lead rope a bit to close and i put halters on a bit to loose. It was fun to learn all these things ...really opened up my eyes.

As for the home school ....i can only wish
wink.gif

Leeana

Leanna is a nice girl that is trying very hard to learn, and she has had a bit of a difficult time of it so I am happy that you two have hooked up. She loves her animals very much and up until now, has not had anyone around that she can mentor from. I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit and do hope you two will become good friends.

I am also very nosey and would love to hear about your horses and showing experiences too. Please post some pictures.

I do not see any reason for sarcasm on this thread.

I don't understand what some people have against this girl. She sounds wonderful to me! I feel that some of the other youth members are ganging up on her for some reason and I take offense to that! She has been repeatedly flamed on her posts, when she was just asking questions and yet she has stayed up beat and kept trying!
aktion033.gif

I'm so glad to hear that Leanna has found a friend. You guys sound like you will be great friends! Good job Leanna
smile.gif

I am glad you guys had a great time!

It is always good to have another mini lover visit and give some pointers!

Jessica

[SIZE=14pt]Hey.... did you guys take pictures??? It would be fun to see them, I get lonely in the winter when there arent any horse shows. SOmetimes I get company but not often. I know that it sure would make my winter go faster if people lived closer to me and could visit.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I dont have a digital cameria so i did not get a chance to take some pictures, as much as i would have loved to. I dont think she did either.

I will post pictures of my minis once i get a photobucket account. This was only my second time being to someone's farm and everytime it is just that much more fun.

It was hard to not tuck that cocoa away in my pocket and sneak out but i think she would have noticed.

Promise that i will try to get picture's of all the ponies tommarow. Leeana already posted a picture of Brighty a couple days ago (he is my 2 year old gelding that i raised and is in training to drive), thread was shut down though from what it looks.

I have only respect for this young lady and could not say enouph nice things about her.

Thank you all for being so welcoming toward me.

Katie

Be sure your pictures are uploaded in your computer in jpeg form.

Open up a free account in Photobucket.

Hit "browse"

the select your picture

hit "submit"

then highlight it and hit "copy"

come back here and begin your topic

write in this text box what you want to say

then hit "IMG" above in the toolbar

you will get a little box above

backspace to remove the http:

then, hit "paste"

you will then see your url appear here in the text part

hit "preview"

then hit "reply"

Chamomile said:
I don't understand what some people have against this girl.  She sounds wonderful to me!  I feel that some of the other youth members are ganging up on her for some reason and I take offense to that!  She has been repeatedly flamed on her posts, when she was just asking questions and yet she has stayed up beat and kept trying! 
aktion033.gif

I'm so glad to hear that Leanna has found a friend.  You guys sound like you will be great friends!  Good job Leanna 
smile.gif

514526[/snapback]

Only a few youth were flaming her... ALOT of the others were adults. Only once did I ever want to say something that was not a compliment, and that was sent in a pm
yes.gif
Most youths here are very responsible... but every one has their bad days, right
laugh.gif
wink.gif

-Desiree

Latest posts

Back