SparklingJewel Acres: Sparkles Maybe in Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklingjewelacres

Reaction score
It is hard to tell wether or not Sparkles has just gained weight or if she is in foal. If she is in foal, she is carrying it differently than Jewel did and she would have to be at the very least 6-7 months along. And I did find out that if she is indeed then it would be with this stallion: 'Southridge Destined To Be'. I will post pictures and be watching her belly to see movement. Today.. I went over an put my hand on her belly and said.. "Do you have a baby in there?" Jewel sees me do this and runs over.. acts like she knows just what I am inquiring about, sees my hand feeling her belly and immediately checks out Sparkles back end. Hmm I think it is clear that Jewel knew exactly what I was doing and checking Sparkles over for and it sure made me laugh. I wish Sparkles would tell me.

Lol if only they could talk
default_smile.png

How awsome would that be? A playmate for your filly. Someone ot wean her with...more to love. I HATE the wondering almost as much as I hate the waiting to foal. hope you see that lil thing kick..so you will know for sure!

Ooooooo how exciting!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
default_yes.gif

very exciting for you, will you get her tested to confirm? or just wait and see?
default_smile.png

can we see some piccies of the possible mummy and daddy to be please?

I don't have pictures of the Stallion and was told that she was in with this Stallion (Southridges 'Destined To Be') She is looking just fat to me so I am not quite sure yet that she is... I should know for sure in a few weeks I would think. This little horse loves to run and had fun today running in the new pen area. Here are some pictures of Sparkles having fun today. We bought our minis in october 2012 with the knowledge that they were in with the Stallion. I have found her original owners and she is been very helpful filling me in on their history so I am quite excited about that. They were well cared for before they came to us.

horserun6.jpg

here is another picture from today. oops never mind.. can't load pictures for some reason tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that tummy is highly suspiscious -- being so "full" all the way back! Can't wait to find out -- she's such a pretty girl!!

In the winter here, she had so much hair and I noticed that she was able to feel her ribs and her hip bone a bit so I got a bit nervous about her not getting enough nutrition so I had upped her feed with a bit of the emolene 300 as I wasnt yet sure if she was prego or not. Now the weather has turned warm quite quickly here and she has shed her hair ... PLUS she has become a table top tubby. I have really been careful to downscale her feed slowly. I didnt think she was eating much grass.. there is not much out there in her pen. I am not really seeing much of an udder.. (quite empty) She has some flabbiness in front of the udder so.. yes.. it is possible but it might be fat. She has been loving to run in her new pen in the cool wind of the eve. Both of these horses I found were exposed to different stallions.

Her 'original' owner said she was such a sweetie and they are so right. Jewel(Jupiter) is bossy mare but with just these two horses and little filly, it is working for us. The horses are all together in the daytime minus the feedings. Jewel, has finally decided that she would be nice to Sparkles again and was giving her all sorts of grooming attention so Sparkles is so much happier now.

Still not sure if Sparkles is pregnant yet but she is looking different in the belly this week. She doesnt even look like the same horse that came to us last October. She keeps changing but her belly really keeps getting bigger and lower.

sparklenfoaludder..jpg

Ok.. I'll try again to load pictures. A side view also... if two of the photos upload that is..ahhh..not happening.

horserun5.jpg

horserun5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. I will try again to load photos .. if it doesnt work this time. I will have to do some computer work again.

Sparkles3.jpg

Still not seeing any movement. I sure wish I knew if s.he was fat or prego. She has not been up to running much at all. It is so hot here now.. in the 90s

Latest posts

Back