Spare Prayer Please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
If you could, could you spare them a prayer? My sister's fiance races endro race cars at the local track. He knows the risks and has done this for four years now. Saturday night was a bad race for him. Something happened and he hit the wall, hard. He had to be taken to the hospital in the ambulance. He has a broken left knee and a right broken ankle. He had his surgery done this afternoon. They put a pin in his ankle and repaired 95% of his knee cap. He has to be wheelchair bound for 6 weeks. We are hopeing that it will be less. My he and my sister were suposed to be married June 16. Right now we're playing it by ear. They are hopeing to release him Tuesday. He will be living at his parent's house for a while because they have hardly any stairs, while their apartment (across the driveway) has about 20 stairs.

Here are some pictures of what the car now looks like. You can see where they had to use the jaws of life to get him out of the car. The brand new starter that was put in it is now runied. But it's nothing that could have happened to him if he didnt have his safety gear; his 5-point harness, helmet and rollcage.

RaceCarWrek2-26005.jpg

RaceCarWrek2-26010.jpg

RaceCarWrek2-26012.jpg

You can see more pictures of the car on my photobucket site. Ghost Horse Studio PhotoBucket of Wrecked Car

Thank you,

~Megan

You bet! That's quite a lick he took by the looks of the car. Speedy recovery to him, and hope the wedding can go off albeit with a few changes... I have two boys that also race, so know that was one heck of a hit. Thank GOD for safety equipment and good roll cages.

Jodi

Well my sister has decided to postpone the wedding untill he's out of the wheelchair. She didn't want anyone to be cranky and misrable during the whole thing. We're not sure when the new date will be, but we're not that concerned. He's doing good.

Possiably late Tuesday he will be released, they have to wait untill he has a few physical therapy sessions to learn to move around with a knee and ankel immobileized. We're supplying him with video games and movies while he's at his parents in recovery.

Thank you everyone so far for your thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png
:

~Megan

I will continue to keep them in my prayers, Megan. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Jodi

Oh, these boys and their toys. I hope he makes a full recovery, and am so relieved he's alive to tell the story.

Best wishes, keeping you all in my thoughts.

Liz M.

So thankful he's alive. Will keep in prayers for continued healing. Wishing them all the best for their future together.

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Well Andy is home! He's living with his parents for now. My sister visits every night after work. Today he was wheeling himself around their driveway to get some fresh air. It's only a matter of time before he's driving his parents absolutely crazy :bgrin He's in good spirits, rather sore, but is as good as can be. His poor dog is missing him. She's been visiting "GrandMa" and "GrandPa" everyfew hours. She's such a sweet German Shepard.
default_wub.png
:

~Megan

:aktion033: :aktion033: Yay!! He'll progress better at home!

Jodi

Andy is doing well! He is able to move from the wheel chair to a toilet and back all by himself!! He's been moving around in the wheelchair by himself. He has gone to see what his car looks like, it was the first time since the crash. Getting dressed is still an issue since he cant move his legs that well, but my sister visits every night after work. He is off the perk-a-set(sp) for the pain is is taking ibuprofin! We have plans in the work to create a porch on their apartment (this building has only been up for about... 6 months maybe). Their also working on creating a platform for their bed.

They will be getting married on June 16. I think this is the 20th time this has changed
default_wacko.png
: Sister is thinking a small family jean & teeshirt wedding his Andy's parents back yard and having a larger vow-renewal cermoney at a later date. I sure wish she would make up her mind, this is driving me crazy!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Things are looking up! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers
default_wub.png
:

~Megan

Latest posts

Back