Sophie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Suzzane

I am so sorry to hear of Sophies passing - your tribute to her was so beautiful, and of course I am typing this as tears stream down my face.

I know all too well how it feels to lose a loved fur-friend, I have lost 2 of my beloved dogs this past 6 months - I can't even imagine how empty I will feel when I lose Daisy who is also a small dog - a whopping 10 lbs of fluffy "attitude" - there is truly something just a little different about these little ones -they seem to have a 6th sense about them and can keep us in constant laughs as well as protective fearfullness with their willingness to go into situations that they never should, and would never be even considered by a larger dog.

My heart goes out to you - she was so loved and she for sure knew that, it was time, and peace is now with her.

Hugs ((( ))))

Stacy

Very sorry to hear Sophie is gone.....over the years here on the forum, I remember your writings on Sophie and thought what a neat dog. What a grand companion she was
default_yes.gif
: and how lucky she found you Susanne!

Take care........Russ

well add me to the list, typing through tears
default_crybaby.gif
: , extremely touched and impressed by your description, and having been there i know how empty you feel right now... {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and Keith and i too look forward to a post from you about your new fluffball
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzanne,

I am so sorry to hear of Sophie's passing. I loved the story you wrote, even though I never met Sophie, I sure felt like I had. Please know my thoughts and prayers and with you and Keith.
default_wub.png
:

Valerie

You are all so wonderful...thank you for each and every one of your responses. This proves once again that this is not merely a forum, but rather family.

When Keith got home from work today I read all of your responses to him, but I kept having to stop, I was so choked up...as was he.

Today as I worked at my computer, Shadow, our black Toy Poodle, came into my office and asked to be held, which he rarely does. He stayed there all day and kept reaching up to lick my face. Sophie was his best friend, and I know he mourns her, too, but sweet, gentle soul that he is, he was comforting me.

Susanne

I only post once in the proverbial blue moon, but I couldn't let this one go by without a respone. Your tribute to your Sophie was truly lovely. I am always drawn to your posts and this is a perfect of example of why. You have a loving heart and a beautiful way of expressing yourself. Sending hugs and thoughts of comfort your way. I lost my "heart dog" last summer and I still get tears over it some days, but Rabbit is right, there is another dog out there and he or she will find you. There is no need to think about that for now; it will happen when the time is right. You gave Sophie a wonderful life and a loving goodbye. She gave you her devotation and helped you grow as a person - all the best dogs do that. Those of us who truly get to know and love a special dog are really the lucky ones.

Take care.

Kippy

What a wonderful tribute to a much-beloved little dog, Susanne. I, too, had that sinking feeling when I read the subject line, and it saddened me to find my instinct about it was right. My eyes filled with tears; you told her story so eloquently and with such feeling! Sophie was so VERY fortunate to have 'owned' you and Keith...

I have had quite a few dogs in my lifetime; I remember each with love, and just know that there will be quite the reunion at the Rainbow Bridge! As I get older,each one is even more dear; the relative briefness of their lives is the price we pay, I guess, for the great joy they bring us. Knowing this doesn't make their loss any less painful, though. Thankfully, we have our wonderful memories!

My heart is with you,

Margo

Well, you have me in tears.... What a loving tribute to a faithful companion and what a wonderful caregiver she had in you.

I didn't want to read this but I knew eventually I would have to.

Sophie was quite the character who will be so terribly missed but always loved. What a wonderful life she had and how lucky she was to have you and Keith for parents. She could not have been in a better home ever. I'm so sorry you have to be put through this; it's such a bad time and so hard to cope, but I do really feel all your pain coming through. I'm so sorry it's breaking my heart over and over again.

I'm so sorry that I missed this post the first time through! Please don't think I didn't post because I didn't care.
default_pray.gif
:

Sophie has been working her way out of this life for some weeks but was clearly content to do it in her own time and her own way. How special her passing was, and the gifts she gave you (and you her!) throughout her life! Even the final gift of her time at the ocean, surrounded by little boys carefully holding in their exuberance to reverently gather around and admire her, was a precious one. That is how I will remember Sophie, drowsing in the grass with her little head wobbling and a smile on her doggie face.

You and Keith are one of those truly special homes and two of the neatest people I have met in a long time. I love your bright spirit, fast wit, and deep regard for life. I love that Keith is not afraid to cry or be sensitive, but at the same time is assertive and confident, open and strong. Together you bring joy to those around you and I only hope we can give back some of that love in this sad time. Huge gentle hugs to you both, and mingled tears.

With love,

Leia

I'm so sorry about Sophie...what a wonderful tribute to her.

((hugs))

Like Marty I had avoided opening this one. I so wished it was different news but I'm glad she had a good passing in the arms of one who loved her so. The worst part is being temporarily separated from them but I know she and Hillary and all the ones we love wait for us to come home.

I finally opened this thread too. You wrote such a loving tribute to your little girl! She couldn't have had a more loving home.

What a special little dog.........and she matched herself with very special people.

You were ALL blessed to have eachother. Thank you, Susanne for sharing a bit of your relationship.

MA

:wub: Oh Susanne dear! What a beautifully written account of your last time with your darling girl!

We have a 14 yr old yellow Lab, and Luna is not well.

She has perked up somewhat as we have her on Glucousimine and Chondroiten and MSM every day along with her doggie aspirin..she doesn't walk well and sleeps almost constantly..she has lost control pretty much of her bladder and yet she sticks like glue to us..it breaks our hearts that we had to move her bed to the garage where we can wash down the floor every day with a combo of bleach/water and deodorizer..i am constantly washing her flannel blankets and her bed is an old boat cushion back seat size, large..this is very thick, cushiony and keeps the cold off the floor.

She is tired but her eyes still have life in them..she is also totally deaf.

We fell she is nearly ready for the Rainbow bridge, but dont feel we have the right to make that descision for her..it's so hard.

We will have to move her to hubby's shop soon that has a small gas heater as it will be getting so cold.

We have prayed to God to make this descision for her and us, but will have to do it on our own..little Tonka considers her his surrogate mom (he's a year) and we are very bonded to him so will help fill the void when necessary...but back to you as that is what this post is about

I'm sure your dear girl is watching over you and loving you and is happy snuggled in your sweater with your smell on it..

God Bless you, you were a great mom
default_yes.gif
:

Maxine

Latest posts

Back