SOMEONE QUICK.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
That I do not, [SIZE=18pt]NOT, NOT[/SIZE] need any alpacas, llamas, or any more donkeys...well, maybe scratch the donkeys, there is always room for a few more of them. PLEASE tell me "NO llamas, or alpacas" Bob, has been trying to tell me this since last night, but I have a tendency never to listen to him. (Dont know how he put up with me for almost 39 years) I know..I just need to learn to say NO..and I did, but now............well..........so come on convince me!

I must be strictly a Donkey people
default_yes.gif

I have NO interest in Alpaca's OR Llama's
default_wacko.png

I know Llama's were a BIG thing here a few years back along with "pot bellied pigs"

After the people got bored with the phase there were so many unwanted Llama & Pigs
default_no.gif

The are where I live there are a lot of Alpaca Breeders ...there is lots of money in it.

I see Llama's used as guard animals around here and that is about it.

Geeze...why not get a Giraffe or something Exotic??

Okay, I have a friend who has several Llamas (that she loves,) what has she told me?

Well, they don't like to have their faces touched. They spit when they don't like what you're doing. They do respect a dominance order, but you sometimes have to be a bit physical to enforce your position, as they will challenge you. They stress out when in a strange situation, and they WHINE, whine, whine when stressed. I know there was more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Ok, Bunnylady..that helped. Teri, you were no help
default_no.gif
default_biggrin.png
I was told these are the sweetest llamas out, they dont spit, take there guarding job very serious..etc, etc, etc. but I still said NO. I was so afraid that if I would of said yes..the next thing I would know is I would be having a pasture full of llamas too, and that is not happening. No, NOPE, NOT HAPPENING! Teri, no more exotics for me either, and definitely no more zedonks. I am so proud of myself, I am being so good.
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I'm gonna be no help either I'm afraid
default_wink.png
My friend uses her llamas as camels in nativity scenes including those on floats in parades and they are perfect. She loves her llamas and even does therapy work with them.
default_yes.gif

I would say that they are really,mean, dirty smelly, repulsive spitting freaks of nature.

But I cant, they are to cute.
default_wub.png

sorry!

You could not give me one of those.

They spit bad at you. Dan got chased really bad when he was little by one and that thing was hurling this nasty spit out of it's mouth at him like you can't beleive.

PS: I think they are hillareous! Get TWO

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
I agree they are cute, I helped out with 4-H a couple of years ago with the llama project and one girl got spit at and it was
default_smileypuke.gif
yucky!!!

They were stuborn, and very protective of their babies.

But the worst thing around here was they got some sort of a parasite from deer poop and started to get sick and die...it was heartbreaking...

I suggest adding to the donkey population...I was offered a dog but for the same price I could get almost 1/2 a donkey...I am being strong and saying no no---------Good Luck!

I am glad our township "limits" the numbers of critters I can have - nuff said :DOH!

hey CeMom, for every llama or alpaca you get, you could probably have 2 donkeys... my vote is, save the room for the donkeys!

now everyone tell me, i do NOT need another DOG!!!!! lol my friend's yorkie is preggers, 4 maybe 5 pups by the x-rays, and she just lost her husband, just doesn't want to deal right now... i am so tempted to take one off her hands, i have wanted one for 20+ years. but we have 10 dogs, one of our own is pg and hubby wants to keep a pup... :DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

I am sorry, but they are so cute. I women I got my donkeys from had three llamas. She had a female, male and their baby. They were all so cute. They ran with the donkeys. They do spit, but they loved us petting them. After I got my donkeys and my mom saw the llamas, she wanted one of those until she found out that they spit. The owner of the three we saw told us that hers have gone after the donkeys a time or two. They may look sweet, cute and adorable, but just think of all the gross things that they do. That will cure you.

Corinne --

I don't know anything about alpacas and llamas (or mini donkeys) BUT if I had room, oh man, I'd be learning and aquiring some of those CUTE creatures!!!!

Oh........ you were looking for discouragement (silly girl, you came to the wrong place!) :DOH!
default_wub.png
:DOH!

Jill

[SIZE=14pt]Probably not much help here, WE have one female Llama, her name is Farrah, and she lives with the Donkeys, I really like her alot! She is on my others animals page on my site if you want to see her. She is a sweetie!
default_wub.png
Edited to add: Not all llamas spit on you, Farrah has never tried to spit on or at me. The only time she ever spit that I have seen is if one of the donkeys tried to take her grain, OR when I de-worm her, but now I get apple flavored and the last 2 times she has not spit after being wormed!!!
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAWWWW guys ease up a little will ya...Tony's feelings are hurt...
100_3826.jpg
Tony has never spit and he loves to hop behind the horses when they are running...it is tooo funny he looks like Peppy LePew loping around out there in the field and we have a big mound of dirt he will stand guard on top of it if the babies are in the yard...when he is laying down the baby goat will climb all over his back and he just will lay there. He has never offered to spit-kick or anything like that.

Actually I think this thread is really making me want a llama
default_wacko.png
Especially after seeing Tony
default_wub.png
He is so cute! Please tell us more
default_biggrin.png

I do recall however being in the middle of a llama stampede at the local auction place last summer. It wasn't till that moment that I realized they are bigger than I thought!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Bet they would make great guardians though... maybe?

I am glad I dont have a friend with a llama. Then I would want one also.

Right now I have the 2 horses 2 ducks 7 rabbits a pair of rats 2 dogs and a yorkshire pig. Hubby would never agree to the llama...

12 acres isnt enough!

I would also think if you raised the llama it would be sweet and love attention....
default_yes.gif

hey Tammy..you REALLY want a llama??
default_biggrin.png
How about 2 of them??
default_biggrin.png
Come on over with a trailer
default_yes.gif
I know of 2 really nice and spotted...no spitting or kicking... I'm agreeing Tony is adorable, and he is not making my decision any easier, oh well...I have a few more weeks to sink it into my head, I do not need 2 llamas, or do I??????There so cute!!! They sure couldnt be any worst then my zedonk was :DOH!

Latest posts

Back