So you're a horse lover,,,,,,were you born that way.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mom always said it was genetic and I'd gotten it from her father.

I was a late life baby and he was gone years before I was ever

born, however, he raised Morgan horses in the late 1800's in the

San Juan Islands of Washington State. There were LOTS of stories

about him as I grew up and his love of, particularly, his stallion.

Genetic or not I've always had the 'bug'.

Until this past November kept my hair waist length...as a little girl

I perfected the walk of swinging my hair like a horses tail.

Always had to have taps on my shoes because I had to trot every

where and wanted to 'sound' like a horse. I also was

accomplished at doing flying lead changes, no matter where I was

trotting to...

This is the look I get from everyone else in my family
default_rolleyes.gif
that missed

the genetic mutation of being a horse lover.

Still, any sign that says 'House for Sale" nearly gives me whiplash just

in case it says 'HORSE for sale'. I HAVE to look.

This is the look I get from everyone else in my family
default_rolleyes.gif
that missed

the genetic mutation of being a horse lover.

Still, any sign that says 'House for Sale" nearly gives me whiplash just

in case it says 'HORSE for sale'. I HAVE to look.
LOL! I got that look (still do) too, from family and friends who just don't "get it". :DOH! Poor babies, LOL!
default_wink.png

I remember as a child every time John Wayne or Clint Eastwood (or ANY movie that had HORSES in it) came on TV, I would ALWAYS actually KISS the TV Screen and NOT because of John Wayne or Clint...although "they" were handsome fellers in their own right, LOL! But, I ALWAYS had to make absolutely SURE that each and every horse that blipped across the screen got a SMOOCHIE from me, just in case the "movie folks" forgot to give any of theirs, LOL!
default_new_shocked.gif

Can you say... um... slightly finatical??
default_unsure.png
YOU BET 'YER BOOTS!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
And...mighty proud to fess up to it too, LOL!
default_laugh.png

Although, I've long since kind of outgrown that childhood "fettish" ....I do still secretly blow kisses to any horses on the screen.
default_wub.png
No matter how old I get, the "kid" in me just can't seem to "completely" kick that old habit, LOL!
default_wink.png

Have to say, this has been a great thread! I've enjoyed - and related to - most of the stories, lots of laughs and good memories. When we took car trips, my dad was a get on the road and get there kind of guy. I could just never understand why he wouldn't stop every time we passed what even resembled a horse farm (or why some people had pastures just full of horses and I couldn't have one of them LOL).

Tony - wonderful pictures!

Jan

Well... my mom had horses when she was young, but she got rid of them when she got hurt riding. I don't know when I first saw a horse, but I started naggin mom from that moment on. So, when I was about 6 or so, she started taking my brother and I to horse back riding lessons. And, that led to me getting my first horse when I was 9. Then, the saying "Horses are like potato chips" finally made sense to me. I now have 6 horses, 4 of which are mine, the other two are mom and dad's.
default_biggrin.png
I got my first mini in 2005... And, I got two more over the past two years! I'm hooked on the biggies and the little ones.

This is my first horse Coco, who was a quarab gelding. I no longer have him, because I kept growing, he didn't! He was 14.2.

DSC00352.jpg

This is my second horse Jetta. We got her when she was a weanling, she is now 6. I still have her. She's my mom's show horse.

DSC00495.jpg

This is my third horse Spot. She's my current show horse. She's coming 4 years old this year, and is Jetta's full sister.

DSC00216.jpg

This is my fourth horse Trinity. She was a standardbred Thoroughbred cross. 15.2. She's now a lesson horse at another barn.

DSC00393.jpg

My fifth horse, and first mini... Angel! I bought her in utero from Nicky Dobson. She is now turning 3.

DSC01206.jpg

My sixth horse Diva, is Angel's paternal half sister, I also purchased in utero from Nicky. She is turning 2 this year. And, I hope to take her to a few shows!

diva3.jpg

My seventh horse is my stallion Studmuffin. We found him browsing online for a biggy! But, instead we brought home a 28" cutie. I don't think he'll be going anywhere anytime soon.
default_wub.png

DSC01213.jpg

And, our eighth horse Mongo. My dad's 16hh beast of a morgan! He's a retired show horse, that now rides around on the trails with dad.

DSC00303.jpg

I love the idea of this thread, thanks for letting me share!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back