So happy with my yearling mare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
My yearling mare, Weebiscuit's Media Luna, is doing so well. I just don't know how I got so lucky, as this is the first of our horses that we started showing, and she is winning! What a feeling! I have her with Toys Miniature Training Center in Hastings, MN, and they really do bring out the best in her.

At her show a few weeks ago, in Colfax, IA, she won Grand Champion Mare, and this past weeked, in DesMoines, she won Grand Champion Jr. Mare, Reserve Champion Jr. Mare, and Reserve Champion Mare overall!

We were really a bit concerned about how much it was going to cost putting her with a trainer, so these wins soften the financial blow a bit! LOL!

Here's her pic from the latest show:

lu_desmoines2.jpg

I edited this to add that she was lab tested as LWO positive. Isn't that crazy? Her sire was LWO positive, but the only white on her is a coronet band on her right rear leg, and a small white snip on her nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well She did Well! Look at that perty lady and her robbons aww we dont get those beautiful neck sashes down here we jsut get normal ribbons haha I want one of those! Great Job and she is very pretty!
default_wub.png
:

O wow!She deffinetly desereved to win!!I agree with you Devon, I want a pretty sashy thing!!!lol I do like them though. Congrats on your wins, you have one pretty girl!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations she is lovely! I have never regretted putting my best horses with a trainer. Actually my husband figured out that we spent less money the last two years using the trainer to show than when we trucked everywhere by ourselves. You may find the same thing.[/SIZE]

Lyn

u should be happy... look at her shes beautiful!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

default_wub.png
: Oh she is just beautiful
default_wub.png
: Trainers ar edoing a great job :aktion033:

Thanks, everyone!

When she was around five months old I made the decision to put her with professional trainers rather than train and show her myself. I could tell she was very special, and I just didn't want to blow it, LOL!

:aktion033: What a gorgeous little girl :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: I love those sashes too, I want one
default_wub.png
:

Congrats on her wins :aktion033: :aktion033:

Yvonne

I got to see this little beauty at the Des Moines show that the Iowa Miniature Horse Club had. This mini is a beauty and she is with a great training stable. Congratulations on her placings. This show had 191 minis entered with a couple that were no shows. Most classes were large and there were many National contenders there. I felt it was a "mini" national show and a thrill to help with. This yearling is a great example of the horses that were shown there. Congrats! Lavonne

I was at that show. I was a committe member. Did you like the sashes she one? Infact, I was one of the ribbon girls(lady). You should be proud :aktion033: The Severson family are great people. dionne

Latest posts

Back