Snow is on the ground,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BannerBrat

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hi guys![/SIZE]

Today my Mom came and took pictures of Banner & I sledding, and I got to take my little brother for a ride too.

Then I got my Mom to give it a go!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Here's some pictures from today, and I'm pretty impressed with how they came out, enjoy!
default_laugh.png

My Brother, Banner, & I bee-boppin around;
default_wink.png

379481508.jpg

379481507.jpg

(We have so much orange on because it's hunting season.)

379481510.jpg

Not too bad for a $100 horse.
default_whistling.gif

379482331.jpg

Here's a video of us cruising about...

& at our fastest point we were at 12.3 mph!
default_xreiter.gif

379482325.jpg

Slowing him up.
default_rolleyes.gif

Then!!!!

I got Mom to drive him!!!
default_488.gif

379482327.jpg

379482328.jpg

379482333.jpg

My Snow Monster. :)

So there it is, my day, I hope everyone else had a good one too!

Also just a note, please be careful if you want to do this with your horse, Banner is not a green horse anymore and he absolutely loves working doing just about anything. But it did take a lot of patient prep work to get him like this. I'm getting 3 other horses used to sledding and I'm just stressing that you have to be careful. Just listen to what they're telling you and have fun!
default_cheers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png

wow

great photos.
default_biggrin.png
It LOOKs like you all had alot of fun.

thanks for sharing.

BY the way nice horse and only $100
default_biggrin.png
what a deal you got.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can keep the snow, but I enjoyed the pictures.
default_smile.png
Looks like you all had a great time!

That's awesome Ashley!! He looks very fancy indeed and the photos themselves are really good quality. How's the braking in a sled? I assume it's slow careful downward transitions, mostly uphill or on an arc? I'd love to see some detailed photos of how you attached the singletree if you didn't mind posting or emailing them. Kody's still not back to driving but I can't help but and plan for when the snow falls just in case!
default_biggrin.png

Leia

That looks like a blast!

Ash has been training my little booger to drive and I got to see her a few weeks ago! It was after dark and i had just been coming home from a horse show, but I got to ground drive her in the barn and Blessing was AWESOME!

:D :D :D

That looks like such a blast!!!! And I've always thought Banner is my kind of horse.
default_wub.png
What a steal he was! Thanks for sharing...those of us in OK don't get that much snow, much to my son's disgust.

default_wub.png

wow

great photos.
default_biggrin.png
It LOOKs like you all had alot of fun.

thanks for sharing.

BY the way nice horse and only $100
default_biggrin.png
what a deal you got.

You can keep the snow, but I enjoyed the pictures.
default_smile.png
Looks like you all had a great time!
[SIZE=12pt]Thank you both!
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

That's awesome Ashley!! He looks very fancy indeed and the photos themselves are really good quality. How's the braking in a sled? I assume it's slow careful downward transitions, mostly uphill or on an arc? I'd love to see some detailed photos of how you attached the singletree if you didn't mind posting or emailing them. Kody's still not back to driving but I can't help but and plan for when the snow falls just in case!
default_biggrin.png

Leia
[SIZE=12pt]Thanks Leia, sledding is a whole lot different then driving, at least the way I do it it is.
default_rolleyes.gif
For brakes I use my hand or my legs, depends on the circumstances. You do have to watch you don't hurt yourself braking, but without shafts you don't have much of an option. & with shafts there's the change of flipping. I'll get better pictures tomorrow or the next day, but the rope is tied to the front corners of the sled, and then I pulled the rope through the hole in the singletree and tied it. There's really not much to it. But I will get pics of the set up eventually & i'll be sure to get them to you some way.
default_biggrin.png
I hope Kody is improving!
default_unsure.png
[/SIZE]

That looks like a blast!
Ash has been training my little booger to drive and I got to see her a few weeks ago! It was after dark and i had just been coming home from a horse show, but I got to ground drive her in the barn and Blessing was AWESOME!

:D :D :D
[SIZE=12pt]Hi Julie![/SIZE]

You are now the owner of a sled horse as well!
default_wink.png

That looks like such a blast!!!! And I've always thought Banner is my kind of horse.
default_wub.png
What a steal he was! Thanks for sharing...those of us in OK don't get that much snow, much to my son's disgust.
[SIZE=12pt]Thank you, he's a pretty cool man! That's too bad you guys don't get much snow... I don't know what I'd do without a good winter.
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

Back