SNOW IN NEW MEXICO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
We are having a record breaking storm here in New Mexico.

It's been snowing for almost 2 days.

As of this morning we have 14 inches at my house and I live in the valley :new_shocked:

Up in the foothills, near the mountains there is up to 2 feet.

Both major highways, I-25 and I-40 are closed from Albuquerque going North to the Colorado border and going East to the Texas border.

I will upload pictures soon
default_yes.gif
:

The snow is expected to continue until tomorrow morning.

I just drove back Wednesday from visiting my Mom in Los Alamos. She e-mailed me this morning and they have 14 inches. I on the other hand are cool but dry in Las Cruces in the southern part of the state! :aktion033:

I am so glad I got out of there when I did. I am not a cold weather, snow person.

Will be looking forward to the pictures!

Wow amazing! There is a record here in Nebraska also. Usually we get our first real snow in October or so. I haven't yet had any snow. In fact, it is raining today, some freezing, but mostly just rain!

I heard about the snowstorm. Denver is really getting hit this year too. We just had friends fly in from Denver...they were 2 days late because of storms, and then had to cut there vacation by 2 days to get back home to Denver this past Tuesday, since another storm was coming down on them. I guess in my area we're breaking a record too--after all who ever heard of the northwoods of Wisconsin, having 40 degree weather in ALMOST January! The snow we got christmas day is melting really fast...but I dont mind one bit, I LOVE this weather, and wish all our winters would be like this! Really strange weather this year. Corinne

Here's some pictures..........will add some more later!!!

60841cars.JPG-med.jpg

These 2 horses are both 33 inches, and it's just past their knees.

Diamond....

60841diamond.JPG-med.jpg

Finnigan....

60841finnigan.JPG-med.jpg

And Noah is 31.75 inches.....

60841noah.JPG-med.jpg

I will get some more scenery pictures and post tonight.
default_yes.gif
:

Same here for Laramie, Wyoming. We have 24.5 inches of snow with drifts that are 3 - 4 feet. It's only 1 degree (-10 with the wind chill) here right now at 12:30 pm though it is a beautiful sunny day today.

Jean

Holy cow! We have nothing zero nada nothing! It is pretty tho Lindz....Finn looks wonderful..kiss my guy for me! Hey, think about making a winter scene New Mexico calendar!

Wow!!!! :new_shocked: Actually, those photos are beautiful!!! And I was surprised to find frost on my roof and on the ground last week - that's NOTHING compared to what you're experiencing!!!

Liz R.

We talked to my brother-in-law who lives in Maxwell and they are loving it. The precipitation really helps them farming and pasture for their cattle. They are generally very dry.

Kareng

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: amazing to see that much snow, here outside Phoenix i am in short sleeves and wishing i did not have my tennies on, my feet are hot!
default_wink.png
:

That's cool, you've got more snow than we do here in southern Manitoba! We had 10 inches on the ground from a storm in early December, then we got another 5 or 6 inches yesterday morning, and today it is snowing again, maybe another 3 or 4 inches--I haven't been outside since it started. We were at about 9F this morning and are waaaay up to 19F now at 4 pm. Not bad for southern Manitoba this time of year.

We're quite happy to have snow & a bit of cold weather--Manitobans don't want rain this time of year, that just makes a mess for us--and we're all feeling pretty fortunate with what we've got, glad not to be in Denver with the snow they've had there.

BRRRRRR it looks cold :cold: brrrrrr lol beautiful pictures, thank you so much for sharing them with us,......now put another log on the fire, and a hot cup of coco and relax lol

Hi, I'm new to the group here, and also live in Ontario. Yahoo no snow. I kind of like it. :lol:

Vicki

P.s.

I don't have any minis. but I am looking for one.

Hi, I'm new to the group here, and also live in Ontario. Yahoo no snow. I kind of like it. :lol:

Vicki

P.s.

I don't have any minis. but I am looking for one.

Welcome Aboard, Vicki!

Sounds like New Mexico is getting all of YOUR snow! :bgrin

And you've come to a good place to learn from and shop at for your first mini.......There are a lot of folks in Canada on here (including our hostess!). Don't be shy about asking questions.....

MA

Wow!!! Thats alot of snow!!! Can you do me a favor and keep it over in your corner this year? We certainly are enjoying the last couple of mild winters we've had on the east coast.....It's beautiful......but I'd rather see it in pictures!

Thank you so much for the welcome. I have been surfing and inquiring about many horses, but am not jumping into anything as of yet.

We are having a beautiful windy day here, but I think we can expect rain or possibly some snow for tomorrow. Calling for 4 degrees where we are, that is in celsius, lol.

Happy New Year All.

Vicki

Send the snow and cold my way...PLEASE!!! We have had "warm" weather and rain (40s and 50s in upstate NY). Not used to Decembers wearing sweatshirts! And the mud....

Denise

Silversong Farm

wow. And i Think we're having a record in ontario canada. Well etleast in Grimsby o fpretty much having no snow all year that stuck on the ground for more than a day. Normally we've been snowed in by now.. its mild too i wore just a sweatshirt today haha and runners not boots.

[SIZE=12pt]WOW! Lindsey, :saludando: [/SIZE]

That's a lot of snow!
default_yes.gif
: When you was here you were worried about hitting some snow on your trip! :bgrin You just had to go back home to see the biggest snow of all!
default_yes.gif
:

Stay warm

Bill, Wanalynn & The "Brat Pack"

Latest posts

Back