Smokey Blacks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a yearling colt. We think and were told he is smokey black with both blue eyes.What color do you think he is. His sire is listed black(but looks smokey black) and dam is cremello.What color foals could a smokey black produce.His sire is Bear Branch Indian Feather.What all do you think he has in him?If we were to test him,what would you test for?He has a white diamond on his face. He has very little white on his back hoof area as well.

thanks

100_4607-1.JPG

100_4595.JPG
100_4604-1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I can't help you with color or testing but he is so handsome!! Just wanted to tell you! I look forward to the answers you get and the pictures too.

If his dam is truly CREMELLO (double dilute) he is 100% a smokey black.

Andrea

His dam has had him(smokey black colt if he is smokey black)

His dam had a cremello pinto colt when bred to a palomino pinto

his dam had a smokey black pinto filly when bred to black.

he dam is either a true cremello or pelino. she has two blue eyes.His dam sire was a buckskin and dam was a smokey black pinto.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney answered your question. He has to be a smokey black if his mother was a cremello.

My Smoky Black is in my avitar. She is very black in the summer and in the winter, when clipped, is a beautiful slate gray color with black mane and tail. Her dam is black and her sire is cremello.

:aktion033: Melissa, I love the head shot of your boy, he is so handsome :bgrin
default_wub.png
: I don't know about colour but I do know I like him.

Yvonne

Thanks for the nice comments about our new colt.

His grandsire is stonehenge painted feather.(very nice pinto stallion)

Latest posts

Back