Smart phone info? Advice?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
I am still in the land of 'dumb' phones, which is quite ok by me. My friend was showing me some features on her smart phone this weekend... and a couple of them could be handy I think, so am thinking of perhaps getting one.

I have Verizon and would like to hear from you all on what kind of phones you have - what you like and dont like. I just need something simple.. I dont want a big Note or anything that is too cumbersome.

My friend has an LG Spectrum and it seemed pretty nice.

Would love to hear more input and info from everyone before I decide to get one- and which one.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have verizon too, I got my andriod for free when I resigned a two yr. contract. It is the first smart phone I've owned since all my others have been cheap flip type. I love it. It lets me know when there is flooding or bad weather, and also when someone posts on my FB about me. My daughters can now text me, and I can text them. It does cost me more then my old flip phone, but stil fits in my pocket, as since I have a heart condition, I can't go out with a phone.

iPhone here and love it. When we got a smartphone for my mom we got an android (Motorola Razr) and the longer she has it the less we like it. If she had it to do over we would have got iPhone for her too.

iPhone here. My mom has a droid and wishes she had an iPhone.... Mostly because my sister and I have them and she can't FaceTime and stuff. She just bought an iPad to do so... :-/

FYI, don't know if you are looking to be in a network plan or not, but Walmart now offers iPhones and droids to be purchased outright and used with their straighttalk program ....unlimited text, web and calls for $45 a month and the parent carrier of the plan is Verizon. My husband is locked into a plan with Verizon, but I can gaurantee, he is not one to live on his phone, so when the plan is up he will be going to a pay as you go plan. He transferred his number to an employer's plan and got a work cell. When the employer closed shop last summer, if he wanted to take his number with him, he had to continue on the two year contract under his own name. Can't wait to cut that bill in half!

iphone for me, it has been my favorite smart phone. I also have Verizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dumb phone. I have 6 people on my AT&T plan and afraid of the extra expense if we get a smart phone. Was thinking of just getting one computer like an ipad or something similar. Still thinking and not making any moves yet. Reading this thread for information so keep comments coming about what you all are doing and how much it costs etc. thanks

shorthorsemom, there are so many different plans out there now for more options on things. You should talk to your provider and see what they have to offer. You might really be surprized. Plus many of the companies change what type of options they offer from year to year because they want to keep their customers from going somewhere else with a better plan. Explain to them what you have and just ask them what else is out there.

I took the big plunge today and ordered my smart phone- a Samsung Galaxy s III, so I am getting rather excited to explore with it now.

Ok, so I took the plunge and after getting through the first week of learning to adjust and getting past the stage of wanting to throw it as far as I could, I am really liking my Galaxy S3 a lot!! Still learning but it's coming along!

I, also, am headed toward a new phone. Have the old fliptop from our Verizon plan. I also want some of the added features of the smart phones (music-yeah! and I can play it at work!). Two co-workers said don't get a 4G, that they have had nothing but trouble with them. They said their 3G's had been so much more reliable. Are 3G's something outdated, or are they currently available. I know I need to go to the store; but it's nice to get opinions ahead of time from those who 'have'.

Mine is a 4G and many people I know have 4G now. It's much faster. If you are going to be using it for music and all, you dont want 3G

Back