Slots of Fun Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorbait4sure

Reaction score
What's the buzz on this sale? I cannot watch it w/o signing up for a number to bid! I wanted to watch the preview before going to all the trouble of signing my CC up but couldn't even look at the mare I was interested in! Is this me or are others having the same problem????

dru

They are going cheap! Good thing I am just watching or I would have a pasture full...lol

What's the buzz on this sale? I cannot watch it w/o signing up for a number to bid! I wanted to watch the preview before going to all the trouble of signing my CC up but couldn't even look at the mare I was interested in! Is this me or are others having the same problem????

dru

I was having internet problems..But I did call in bids for 3 of them...didn't win tho. probably just as well..LOL

There were some real bargains!
default_smile.png

I purchased a horse on the internet from the Slots for Fun Sale, but I cannot get anyone to answer the phone # listed. Does anyone know how I can contact anyone to make my payment & arrange transport. Thanks.

OH POO! I just gave up and didn't check this again....wish I had! I'd be the owner of a new mare today! RATS! RATS! RATS!

dru

For future DD sales, if you look at the top of the page, the last item in the menu is PREVIEW. This allows you to view not only the video but also the chat and all the sponsors without registering or logging in. I watched the entire sale that way - so try that in the next of their sales. I imagine that works for the preview of the sale horses also - - then you can register and log in if you truly intend to bid. I didn't intend to bid but was able to watch the sale through the "preview" page.

Lot 26 - Silver Jet RDS was purchase by Jan Bryant in AR and if she sells him Jan Tobey and I have first option on him--Jim Curry has already been after him as well. We had a change to get him at the Sale of the Century but he was a very sick horse at the time with an upper respitory infection. He looked great and really put on weight.

I do know that Lot 12 was not sold and if anyone is interested in him John and Cindy Cherry took him home tonight so they can contact them about him.

Jan Bryant (vineyardhills) got into the shetland business at this sale and bought a total of 5 I beleive she said.

I took notes and the last note being"should of been there!" There were some nice horses, I think I am shopping in the wrong places...lol. It is really neat to be able to watch these sales on-line. They put on a nice sale. The night before they had a preview that could be watched online and also had a chat where you could ask questions etc. then prior to the sale they had a preview of horses hooked to cart etc., then during the sale you could chat and ask questions-John the chatmaster was awesome!
default_biggrin.png

For the internet people it was an extremely well run sale. Video was excellent, having John Cherry as our Chatroom Master was great--he was willing to forward our questions to management or have the horses moved in a certain ways etc. John even was kind enough to go look at Lot numbers up closely after the preview and send me additional information on them. I personally value John's opinion about horses.

If it had not been for John and jumping in and either bidding for me or increasing what I had given the person who was bidding for me in person I would not have two of the 4 I purchased so the Chat room was invaluable.

Being able to see the driving horses actually in cart before the sale was GREAT!!!! We could also request during the preview to have any Lot number brought out before the sale and see them come and go and troting so we could evalute them better. Was a very good addition and I know it was very time consuming for Jana Nichols.

There was only one horse that was actually PO in the ring and that mare had just both ChampionshipsI beleve so I don't blame the people at all. She was a very exotic mare.

The JC Rambo stallion went on to show on Sunday for his new owners and I understand he did exceptionally well also

Overall from an Internet observer it was a very well run sale. All of us in the Chatroom had a ball talking to John and encouraging each other on thier selected horses.

Latest posts

Back