Sleazy Sleepwear Stretchy hoods vs fleece hoods

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use fleece hoods and wraps only in the early spring. I use the sleazys in the summer. It does get very hot in the summer, and on those days I often go without either. I have, use and love both, I just go with the weather.
default_smile.png

I only use Sleazy coverups when I body clip for a show and am indoors and the A/C is on. I love the ones I get from Barbs Sleazy. They are full body and head with a zipper on the throat. I have several from her.

I never clip for summer until the mean temps are at least 50-degrees or above consistently. Otherwise, I only clip early for a show. If your minis get too hot, you can head and neck clip and give some relief.

I have taken a big horse fly sheet and cut it down to size for a couple of mini fly sheets. I can get 4 out of an 81" size horse sheet. You can buy leg straps and replacement straps usually from a horse supply catalog to complete the sheet. Very economical if you are handy with a sewing machine.

Thanks. I was told Sleazy was actually good for the summer heat cause it makes them cooler, which don't really make sense to me. I personally like the sleazy sleepwear, but just looking to buy the hoods.

I would think fleece would be too hot. If it was too cold for the regular lycra you could do a fleece cooler (if at a show). If you are sewing inclined you can make your own with a pattern from suitability. Here's the first one my mom made for one of mine.

alexann%20rahimi%20photo.jpg

Is it okay to use a full body sleazy in 90+ degree weather?

I'm looking into buying multiple for my show horses. I would like to use them after I give them their baths the day of the show (especially since I have a WHITE mare *gasp*) but it gets pretty hot in the horse barn even with the fans on. Would it still be okay?

Can you put them on the horse immediatly after a bath? Or do they have to dry first?

Sorry for hijacking!

I have. What I've done is after the bath I put on their sleazys and put them in the stall and they are clean the next day, and I show pintos with lots of white. Those sleazys are very breathable so I have no concern at keeping them on during the real hot summer months. I've seen people use light sheets and they are just fine.

I have. What I've done is after the bath I put on their sleazys and put them in the stall and they are clean the next day, and I show pintos with lots of white. Those sleazys are very breathable so I have no concern at keeping them on during the real hot summer months. I've seen people use light sheets and they are just fine.

Awesome thanks!

My little guys won't know what hit them come show day! rofl.

Is it okay to use a full body sleazy in 90+ degree weather?

I'm looking into buying multiple for my show horses. I would like to use them after I give them their baths the day of the show (especially since I have a WHITE mare *gasp*) but it gets pretty hot in the horse barn even with the fans on. Would it still be okay?

Can you put them on the horse immediatly after a bath? Or do they have to dry first?

Sorry for hijacking!

I have always let my horses dry before using a sleazy. On the really hot days I don't use sleazys or blankets, that's just me though.
default_smile.png
I show a few light minis too and I don't usually have too many issues with stains or marks.

I guess it's a personal trial and error thing. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back