Skin Cancer Surgery(also called MOHS Surgery)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade3504

Reaction score
Well, I am going to find out how much hair I am going to lose on Sept.7 as that is when the spot on my scalp is being surgically removed. I have more on my face (small ones) that will be removed throughout the month of September. He will only do one spot at a time, hisr rule not mine. I say if you are going to be sticking and cutting then get as many done at once as you can. I have two in my left eyebrow so we will see if I lose the eyebrow and then one just above the left eyelid. The scary thing is that my left eye is the only eye I can see out of as I am blind in my right so I don't know how the stitches are going to work in that area as movement of the eyelid is going to irritate the stitches but if my eye is covered then I am blind.

Anyway, I bought two hats today and already have one. I figure that until the one on my scalp heals I won't be allowed to wear a wig if I am going to end up doing that anyways so I have hats for now. I will let those who want to know how it goes on Sept. 7, Ok, maybe a few days after as I know I am going to be in pain and if I get pain meds then I won't be capable of typing as weak pain meds make me goofy.

Oh my gosh I can't believe what you are going through. Please know that you will be in my thoughts.

Oh my, I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

Prayers & best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!

{{{{{Amanda}}}}}

I've been thinking of you! I'll be sending prayers that you'll be ok and able to see after you get the eye part done.

Please do let us know how you are!

I am so sorry. At least the Dr is taking is slow and making sure he does a good job. Best wish for a very easy and speedy recovery.

Sending prayers for you. I've had the MOHS procedure once on a basel cell spot on my upper lip. It's time-consuming but effective for getting it all without taking more than they need to. Please keep us updated. Hugs to you.

I've had a couple of MOHS procedures - as well as more basal cell excisions that I can remember. I have had as many as 10 of the excisions at once - not fun! I hope you will recover quickly!
default_yes.gif

I had three removed today on my back. They were scraped and burned. They now are considering giving me Xanax beforehand as I can't control my shaking(nerves). If that happens I have to get a ride every time so I have called my mother. She is going next week for the first one and probably will for the rest as well, but it's difficult as she is about an hour away and will have to come south to pick me up and then drive me back north about halfway between my place and hers.

The older doctor saw me today and again I am not sure why he is still working, but anyway, he still wants me being a lab rat. He doesn't get that they won't accept me not that I would do it anyway. At the moment my kidney and pancreas are priority number one and always will be unless they'd find a melanoma. I am not risking those to try out a new med. He proceeded to tell me that I make more basal cells all the time and should consider it. Consider putting my pancreas and kidney at risk???? Sure doc, I'll get right no that! I am so glad that the younger more advanced doctor thinks that I am just fine where I am at and with what I am doing and he is the one doing the surgeries.

I pray your treatment goes well. My mom had a brain tumor and they had to open her skull, the flap that they lifted grew hair back and it was curly, the had straight hair !

If I were you I would get a nice soft head wrap that you see on the cancer website.

I have had three MOHS surgeries, and I didn't find them to be painful afterwards at all, and my recovery was about a half hour. I hope yours goes as well! Please keep in touch with us about how it goes! I thought having Plantar's warts removed was MUCH worse.

I have had several removed by both methods and IMHO the MOHS method is a lot shorter recovery time. Not much scarring and less removed with the same results. Cancer gone. Sending prayers and healing your way along with {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Latest posts

Back