Silver Dun or Silver Dunskin?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to admit after reading this thread I was confused as all get out. Thus my post on colors and genetics. After an evening of reading up on the subject I find this post very interesting. I have no opinion on the color of your colt (hey I just learned it last night
default_smile.png
) but can't wait to see what the test results are. The way dilutes/patterns/modifiers present in different horses is amazing.

Mona, I was referring to the person who originally posted that bay was red, not minifrieshorsefarm who corrected her. =^)

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
As was I Leia. It was incorrect of that person to say that bay was red, whether it was being simplistic or not, it was incorrect and confusing to many that are just starting to learn the basics of how color genetics work.

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I never updated you on this colts color results but life happend and I wasn't able to send it in until yesterday. I will have his results in a week and will post them. I also tested for base color and tobiano.

I think I see a silver cast to the mane and tail, more than what you'd see with only dun "frosting". So I'm going to say silver buckskin dun... and such pretty color!!!

Latest posts

Back