Silver Dapples........do they show well?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]This is Nicky from last year as a yearling and his sire. My friend now owns him and I own his sire, Heartlands Miracle After Dark, Can't wait tio see more pictures of him. We plan on showing him very soon. As you can see he is a Silver Black with a snow white (silver) mane and tail. This is my favorite of the silvers. Allison[/SIZE]

efd0ede1.jpg
efda954a.jpg

I love dapples on anything! I must admit my favorite is the silver dapple. I was fortunate enough to get one last fall. I was only able to show her once as it was late in the season (and only in color class as she was getting fat with foal already) but she did very well. She is a minimal pinto with 4 white socks, a few spots and a nice big blaze on her face. The thing I realy love is the fact that she has eyelashes that are thick and silvery white and about 3/4 of an inch long! I swear she was a unicorn right out of a fairy tale in her last life. Yup, I love the look!

Our silver dapple yearling stallion won a National Top Five this past year at Nationals. I really do think the dapples are very pretty to look at, my head always turns when one walks by. But, I do agree, it is just icing on the cake, you really have to have a nice body first.

mo1.jpg

BTW- we had Mo gelded this past weekend!

Nice horses everyone. This is Littlefoot's Sweetgrass. She is five years old and a silver dapple. This will be her first year in the show ring and I am hoping she will do well.

This is a picture of her from last september:

sweetgrass.jpg

and here is one from yesterday:

AlfalfaandSweetgrass004.jpg

What do you think of my new show halter?¿ Does it compliment her well?¿

-Devon

Back