Silver Dapple Vs Palomino Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylight_minis

Reaction score
WEll since i now have a palomino for comparison i thought i'd post some pics in case someone out there has a silver dapple but is confused about the color i hope this helps. Note*Silver dapples can come in other shades some even lighter.*

Palomino

jolenetopline.jpg

Jolene031.jpg

Silver Dapple

princebackupclose.jpg

princebackend.jpg

Jolene089.jpg

Jolene055.jpg

I have understood that silver dapple foals have dark stripes on their hooves, don't they? Some of mine had even stripes like a zebra on their legs.

I havent noticed alot of Striping on the silver dapples. Appys have striped hooves most of the time. I have silver bays and silver dapples some have hooves that are half black and half gold but is more due to leg markings than the silver gene. I also have silvers that have solid gold hooves.

Here's my silver dapple who has thrown Appy. All four feet are white.

phoca_thumb_l_awesomehames.jpg

Some silvers will have hoof stripes but they aren't anywhere near as pronounced as appy type hoof stripes. They aren't exactly black... more a not quite as dark as a normal dark hoof stripe going to a point on a hoof that is somewhere between a light hoof and dark hoof in shade.

I dont think all silver dapples will have striping on their hooves. I have two and one has solid black feet and the other has two blacks and two white!

I mean as a new born foal. All silver foals I have seen so far have got stripes on their hooves. When they get older, the hooves will become solid most of the time.

Latest posts

Back