Silver Buckskins and Palominos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo, thanks. So pretty, all of them.

HMM, HMM Buckeroo Lady Sensation contacted me telepathically and said she needs to come to my house.
default_wink.png

This is Ana (Hotwaters Burnt Banana Muffin) I don't think she actually carries silver but she does look silver to me.

IMG_0651_2.jpg

IMG_0678_2.jpg

And of course my newest addition Bandito. Who I personally think is Genetically a buckskin pinto but with a Seal Brown agouti gene instead of a regular agouti gene.

banditor2.jpg

I also have a perlino which is a buckskin with an extra cream gene. I agree with Jill I love him mostly because I know I will always get a buckskin or palomino (sometimes smoky black) out of him.

I only have yearling pictures of him but Im hoping if I can get him to gain some weight that we will get some updated pictures of him!

He's a Samis Kid Banana Son.

This is Samis Sooshi Kid. Ya his name is Sooshi lol

Perlino-381x379.jpg

I don't own these next two horses anymore but they will always be a favorite of mine and I'll miss them forever.

Palley

IMG_0269.jpg

and my first home bred foal Iced Chivas Regal

chivas530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gage, all of your horses are so beautiful. I really like Sooshi... in that picture he looks like a little Quarter horse!

I think Cover Girl should be hidden away - I think you should send her to me
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

This is my boy Banner - Buckskin (Birchwood UK Buckaroo Banner AMHA)

BannerJuly12th2010072.jpg

BannerJuly12th2010074.jpg

Slaney - Dunalino (Shadowplay Sahara Moon)

MinisandRachelsBday028.jpg

Slaney1-1.jpg

I think I just fried my keyboard in the drool... Every time I look through these pictures, I discover a new favorite!

I Have a coming 3 year old palomino son of little kings black velvet, a palomino pinto filly, and my two buckskin studs.

Joey

DSC02140.JPG

suan sujos black vlevet closer

Clozer_000.jpg

This is La Vista Moonshadow by MG - although the picture is a year old. She is technically a pinto; her little moon shaped pinto marking is on the other side (obviously I took this picture during the winter) . I have always owned very "golden" buckskins or duns. So would you guys consider her a silver buckskin?

Moonshadow_2yr.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

This is La Vista Moonshadow by MG - although the picture is a year old. She is technically a pinto; her little moon shaped pinto marking is on the other side (obviously I took this picture during the winter) . I have always owned very "golden" buckskins or duns. So would you guys consider her a silver buckskin?

Moonshadow_2yr.JPG

Well, since typically with minis "silver" denotes having the silver gene, which I doubt she has due to how dark her M/T and legs are, perhaps if you want to use a discriptive term, buttermilk buckskin might be the one to use. Although, I'd like to see her summer unclipped coloring before making a decision, as they are often lighter in winter (at least most of mine are).

Well, since typically with minis "silver" denotes having the silver gene, which I doubt she has due to how dark her M/T and legs are, perhaps if you want to use a discriptive term, buttermilk buckskin might be the one to use. Although, I'd like to see her summer unclipped coloring before making a decision, as they are often lighter in winter (at least most of mine are).
Hi Chanda...thank you so much for your reply. I will post the picture when she's clipped, and in the meantime call her a buttermilk buckskin
default_smile.png
Thank you!

Gage, all of your horses are so beautiful. I really like Sooshi... in that picture he looks like a little Quarter horse!
Thank you! He was only 1 in those pictues (just found that out I thought he was older) and matured really pretty! Im hoping to get updated pictures of him this summer! He's a gorgeous little boy!

Gage

Heres pics of my minis!

A smutty buckskin roan stallion Little Kings Sentra Supreme

a buckskin mare Elly

and my 2 yr old filly buckskin roan Silver MAples Zahara Supreme

sentra_2009_3.jpg

1-dsc03080_cropped_6x4.jpg

DSC03125_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

100_2898.jpg

This is one my silver buckskin mare Dede-

That guilty look you note is from her and her friends tearing apart the cover I had on their extra round bale and the ensuing mess in the background.

Yay ponies!

IMG_0769.jpg

We have two (possibly three) palomino girlies!
default_smile.png
The first two pictures are mother and daughter Pretty Woman (mare) and Rose (filly). They're our pride and joy! haha And the last is our mare, Daisy, she's registered as a palomino, but she's awfully dark and has never been color tested or anything. I love the palominos, especially the lighter ones like Pretty Woman
default_smile.png

2010June3091.jpg

047-1.jpg

May3045.jpg

Latest posts

Back